Anybody know how to link a tracking number?

Railsplitter

Gold Member
Sometimes when I order something online the tracking number in the vendor's shipping notification is actually a link. All I have to do is click on the tracking number and it takes me straight to the USPS tracking page for that package.

I would like to start doing that for my buyers here on the forum if possible. I'm sure it's a simple process but I don't know how to do it.

Anybody know how to link a tracking number in this manner?

Thanks.

I think you can do that by clicking on the tracking number and going to the site. Copy the address from the address bar. Then in your post you can use the link tool to create the link. Same process should apply to a PM.

However, if I were the buyer, I would definitely not want such a link posted publicly in a sales thread. So you might consider limiting that to those who can receive Private Messages (conversations).

Thanks Frank. I'll give that a try. Oh, I would definitely only use it in PM's or emails. Posting it in the thread never even crossed my mind.

Thanks for your help. Very much appreciated.

I think you can do that by clicking on the tracking number and going to the site. Copy the address from the address bar. Then in your post you can use the link tool to create the link. Same process should apply to a PM.

However, if I were the buyer, I would definitely not want such a link posted publicly in a sales thread. So you might consider limiting that to those who can receive Private Messages (conversations).

I just did a practice run and it worked perfectly. Many thanks!

Back