1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Week 12 of the BladeForums.com Year of Giveaways is live! Enter to win a Himalayan Imports Sirupati Khukuri!

Click here to enter the drawing for your chance to win an Himalayan Imports Sirupati Khukuri, or Bladeforums.com swag or memberships!
    Be sure to read the rules before entering, and help us decide next week's giveaway by hitting the poll in that thread!

Entries will close at 11:59PM Saturday, March 23; winners will be drawn on Sunday @5pm on our Youtube Channel: TheRealBladeForums. Bonus prizes will be given during the livestream!

Questions? Comments? Post in the discussion thread here

Anybody know of a deep carry pocket clip for ZT knives?

Discussion in 'Maintenance, Tinkering & Embellishment' started by Random Dan, Apr 10, 2012.

1. Random Dan

Random Dan

Jan 21, 2012
    The only fault I've found with my ZT 0350 is the amount of knife that sticks out of the pocket when it's in the tip-up position. It just doesn't work for carrying places where I don't want to advertise that I have a big tactical looking knife. So does anyone know of an aftermarket deep carry clip compatible with the 0350? Preferably something like the STR lowrider clip I've seen on Paramilitary 2s. I've been think about attempting to drill a couple holes nearer the end of the grip, but I'm reluctant to take a drill to my $100 knife.

Thanx!

Last edited: Apr 10, 2012
  2. bdmicarta

bdmicarta Gold Member Gold Member

Feb 16, 2012
    There is a guy in the custom knifemakers area that makes deep carry clips for any knife.

Go to the main page here, then "Hosted Knifemakers Forums", then "STR's Back Yard Knifeworks".

3. Random Dan

Random Dan

Jan 21, 2012
    Thanks!

4. Random Dan

Random Dan

Jan 21, 2012
    Does anyone know if any of the clips from either Knifekits or USAknifemaker fit the standard ZT clip?

5. 17pes

17pes

Dec 4, 2011
    I don't know yet, but I have a couple clips coming from each with a couple of different screw configurations. I'll post up here if they fit the my Zt's, or if they're close.

6. 17pes

17pes

Dec 4, 2011
    Got the three deep carry I ordered from USA. They do not fit zt's.

Benchmade and Spyderco configuration works, though the screw holes are a little bit tight(you have to screw through the holes to begin attaching to the knife). If you have a dremel and patience, the blank Ti clips will probably work. That's probably the route I'll be taking once I have some free time. I'll be checking out STR for my 0550. I'd like that one to be pretty.

In the meantime I have my Bone Collector, and a Cara Cara 2 with new deep pocket clips.

7. 1SHOT1KILL

1SHOT1KILL

Mar 28, 2009
    IMAG0436.jpg IMAG0437.jpg

Sometimes you just gotta do it yourself

(I have since drilled and tapped the knife for the second screw.)

8. 17pes

17pes

Dec 4, 2011
    ^^That's gorgeous. Would have loved it if they came out of the box like that. I have zero metal skills, so I'm not even going to attempt it.

I am going to try to do something with some Ti clip blanks for my 350 and 300. They have some wear already, and just need to be the beasts that they are. The 550 I want to keep sleek for a little bit longer before I muss it up. Plenty of time for that later;-)

9. Skipcop

Skipcop

Feb 5, 2009
  10. 17pes

17pes

Dec 4, 2011
    That's a good site to know about. Learn new places to look for things every day. :)

11. crmxer

crmxer

Jan 27, 2014
    I know this is an old thread but i figured i'd post these images up if you havent found a solution... I just made up a batch of these, what do you think?

forgive me if the pics dont show up... I'm new to this.

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

12. crmxer

crmxer

Jan 27, 2014
    that worked

Last edited: Jan 28, 2014
  13. Zeros

Zeros

Sep 26, 2011
    Hey CRMXER, how can I get one of these and can you make them in black? Thanks!

14. uxo2

uxo2 Gold Member Gold Member

Oct 3, 2013
    I would buy one.

15. dkb45

dkb45 Gold Member Gold Member

Dec 16, 2012
    No idea on how the screw holes line up, but a Contego or Adamas clip might work. I no longer have a 350 so I can't test it, but it could work. Other than that I don't know of anything that would work.

16. uxo2

uxo2 Gold Member Gold Member

Oct 3, 2013
    Actually I would get 2.
    One for the 350 and one for a Kershaw skyline.
    The holes are the same.

17. WCEDC

WCEDC

Mar 27, 2014
    Doesn't work :(

18. dkb45

dkb45 Gold Member Gold Member

Dec 16, 2012
    I swear there is a Kershaw or ZT with the 350/Skyline clip that is deep carry. If not *cough cough wink wink nudge nudge* I might have an idea for Kershaw.