Anybody want a FREE knife....? :-D

Status
Not open for further replies.
I like your knives, though some of them aren't particularly my style.
The woodwork in the handles/scales looks very nice, and I love the style of this knife. There's a lot to be said for the simplicity of its lines.

Daniel,
Excellent idea for doing a survey by the way and thanks.
Love the forum idea. It lets people feel in closer contact with you and what you are working on. It generates excitement around your product and should generate sales. Need a " Nothing but pics" Sticky
Your website while looking good and the layout is well done, It is not very up to date. There is never a knife available so don't have that option, just refer people here to your forum where you are offering knives that are available.
Your update news is from Dec. 16, 2005 . If it is not current. people will only go there once and not return. On the other hand the site is fast, pages load quickly and your layout looks great. Love the tutorials and you have loads of info that is great to look thru. I would suggest "Shop Pics Action shots" after seeing your ugly mug posted by Tom.;)

I have always liked your knife designs as they are unique. I really like your kitchen designs. I have never been a huge fan of K-tusk, I have always wanted to straighten it out because I LOVE the blade shape and think if it was straightened out and tweaked it would be a whole new evolution. "Tusk Evolution" (Good name eh? If you use that I want a free knife. :D ) Once it was straightened out I would extend the handle scales closer to the plunge line.

I hope this is the kind of info you where looking for. I really enjoy the banter in your forum and look forward to it in the future.

cheers
Kelly

Me, I love them. :p

Just need to figure out how to wrangle up some funds and justify to the Mrs. why I need more. ;)

Oh. Something useful... you might want to update your site. *hint*.

-j

Here's what I'm offering up:
Just post a reply to this thread letting me know what you think of my forum, my knives, my website (all suggestions/comments welcome!) and you're in!

well, obviously i like your knives :> i have more than a few (like today's shipment, BIG!) great stuff. people marvel at your standard nessie. had to pry that out of someone's hand who was getting teary eyed at it :> the monster nessie will probably just make them suffer. the WSK? awesomeness. that's why i have two ;)

and you have a forum. how cool is that? fantastic. the big time, exposure, a place to talk about your stuff and get ideas without worrying about rules so much. your way!

ah, the website. you have a LOT of knives and pictures that need their own spotlight, but otherwise, it's a load of information and tutorial goodness. i refer people there a lot. hopefully, you move more santokus to my neck of the woods.

so, gimme :>

bladite

Great looking knife, I like your website, how about offering a full tang woodlore type scandi knife?

Ron

This is great. I like the site as it seems to be well laid out and easy to use. Also, while you have nice photos it isn't so pic-rich as to prevent a dial-up like me from using it.

honestly i do not cruise all the sub forums so until the other day i had no idea you had your own forum. I really think it is nice and your blades have a definative look to them and i said what the hell you are giving a free knife away i might as well throw my name in as well never hurts to enter a drawing so if ya do not mind throw my name in the hat as well . thanks

hangmans joke.

you know what still urks me is that awhile back you had wsk for sale for 195 or 225 i think and i looked at it , only to not buy it which i could have been first to say i take it , then we talked and that was special price?? remember that ?? and now i think your wsk is 350 bucks , and i want to cry lol. i wish i would have bought the damn thing because i love your knives . but anyway that was me . take care and hope the hat you pull from is small : )

I have two of Daniel Koster's knives both feel very nice and hand, and both were extremely pleasant deals. thanks Daniel. I can't say enough about Daniel's generosity, on both of these occasions. It pains me whenever one of his knives is not get snapped up immediately. he deserves all the luck in the world in this endeavor.

I like that your knives are very original. I especially like the way that your handles look unique, but well placed next to the blades on your knives. The website is well laid out and has alot of great information on it. I didn't know you had your own forum, but I do now, and will be back to check it. Thanks for the opportunity.

I like the looks of many of your knives... very neat stuff. Personally, I prefer synthetic handle materials, but your natural handles are beautiful. The "Jewell" looks amazing.

As to your site, it definitely works. I would like to see the "A similar knife would sell for X" note on more of the knives, as it frustrates me not knowing even a rough price range when I'm dream shopping online. I don't know how often you update the site, but your "News" section contains items that are a year and a half old... were it me, I would remove that section or update it to new news. Finally, several of the pics in the "knives that inspire me" gallery give me 404 errors when I try to click on them to go to the larger picture.

Those details aside, I like the site, especially the look you give inside your design/crafting process.

Keep up the good work! :thumbup:

Great Idea--

Your work--like your Forum is clean,functional and it's always a PLEASURE to "See" what you came out with.

If you choose my name-please send the knife to a Soldier in Iraq.

Thanks Bro..

Bill

Just visited your website, and as far as the website itself is concerned, it's very nice, and far better done than many big companies I've seen (2 different capo manufacturing companies, for example). I also visited the gallery, and I enjoyed seeing all the different handle materials you've used (very cool that you use such a wide range of materials), and the Damascus was beautiful (I love looking at Damascus blades :D)!

Thanks for the contest, that knife is very cool (Damascus AND wharncliffe? Me likey... to the naked eye, it's all one piece as well, perhaps you can chime in on this?)!

I really like the handles on your knives, I feel that unlike some art knives, yours seem comfortable and practical to carry. Lots of text and links on your site. Thanks for the opportunity.

Great looking stuff, Sir! I'm sure I'll have at least one or two before long. As a relative newcommer, I'm reluctant to offer any suggestions other than 'Keep up the good work!'. Thanks for the chance. - DT

i think you make some nice knives i too started liking knives when i was in cub scouts I'm a asst. cub scout leader here in WA i just got my first convex grind knife it a a bark river bravo 1 i need to0 learn to sharpen it though and i like the way you set up your site and the way you let people no you a little bit good luck in the further and thanks for a chance at a nice looking knife

Here's what I'm offering up:

attachment.php

that is a beautiful knife. the handle looks like marble. very very pretty. i havn't really looked at to many of your knives, but if this is just a sample, then WOW! well its still a WOW! :thumbup: :thumbup:

Website is informative with good pictures of knives/progress. Your knives are cool (like that copper encrusted/plated fixed blade). Also, you seem to want to help others and share information.

also like the damascus knife

Dan,
It's great to see you get the most out of this forum. You're getting a lot of good suggestions.

#1 is participate. post pics of work in progress...finished...even shop pics are fun to see and generate interest. If you do a show take pics of your table, The buyers of your knives too, if you've go the time to take a snapshot.

#2 keep things updated. If you have an "available knives" sticky keep it current. I've seen websites that haven't changed since they put them up.:grumpy:

All of these things take time away from knifemaking...but are important to keep intrests in your knives.

Thanks for the giveaway.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back