Anybody want some 26C3?

Stacy - hopefully this is ok here, as I am looking to give away, not sell.

I have a piece of 26C3 "spicy white" (0.15" x 1.5" x 11.7") that I just need to face the music that I will never use (too thick for the kind of knives I make). This is the same stock I used to make that Yanagiba I have in process .... and I have really liked working with this alloy so far .... and you are supposed to be able to get this to 64RHC or more). this is way to nice a piece of steel to just sit on my shelf forever .... so if someone feels they can use it (skinner?, camp?, hunter?) I can throw in into a flat rate envelope and get it to you (domestic US please). If more than one person, I will wait a little and draw a random number to decide.....

I think this is a great idea. I won't participate because I don't have a need for 26C3 that thick, but I'm sure someone can put it to good use!

I think this is a great idea. I won't participate because I don't have a need for 26C3 that thick, but I'm sure someone can put it to good use!
Yeah .... I bought it because of the advertised thickness of some of the commercial Yanagibas ..... but after working one of those designs up .... I find it just too thick. I think it would make a nice hunter though (for someone willing to work with its non-stainless nature.....)

I hope someone takes you up on it It is a great steel for kitchen knives. It will take a nice hamon. That piece would make a perfect tanto.

.078 if you want.

edit, my fingers and brain are not working well together today, I have some 2x11.5x.078 26C3 if you can use it, gifted as I will never use.

Last edited:
.078 if you want.

edit, my fingers and brain are not working well together today, I have some 2x11.5x.078 26C3 if you can use it, gifted as I will never use.
My .078 is spoken for.

Because I said I would draw at random, I will keep this open until about mid-morning tomorrow (my time, cst) (to give people a day-cycle opportunity to see this), then draw someone at random...

Id love to try it. Put my name in the hat.

I have a forge, and have just started forging knives last year. I've forged 2 (one of 1075, one 5160).

Ok .... at this point I am going to close this out to new comers, and draw a name from a hat (well, really from an excel spreadsheet)

And the winner is .... cliff carter knives. I have confirmed that he is still interested, so will get that into the mail shortly. sorry to the rest of you .... I only had the one piece.. :-(

First time I’ve ever won anything! Thank you for the generosity and excited to work with this steel for the first time!

Back