Anymore Left-handed Versions Planned?

The Megatherium is available on BladeHQ. Both the bolster lock and full Ti black washed version.

Came in over the weekend. If you aren't into large knives, this one definitely isn't for you.

Got my Gemini over the summer and I absolutely love it. It's been a very welcome member to my rotation. It is almost a perfect EDC.
I almost bought the Megatherium just because I wanted to support the cause, and encourage Kizer to release more lefty models. Though saner minds prevailed. I had a very hard time trying to explain to my wife that I had to spent over $200 on a knife I would never use.

THANK YOU Kizer for going out of your way for us southpaws!!

Now, What's next?
I'll just say that if it's a Theta, Feist or Matanzas I will buy it on the day it's released.

Got my Gemini over the summer and I absolutely love it. It's been a very welcome member to my rotation. It is almost a perfect EDC.
I almost bought the Megatherium just because I wanted to support the cause, and encourage Kizer to release more lefty models. Though saner minds prevailed. I had a very hard time trying to explain to my wife that I had to spent over $200 on a knife I would never use.

THANK YOU Kizer for going out of your way for us southpaws!!

Now, What's next?
I'll just say that if it's a Theta, Feist or Matanzas I will buy it on the day it's released.

Hey Dave,

The next one is the c01c (Ki4488L) in Full Ti and should be out mid-November.

https://www.instagram.com/p/BpgAUytlqO8/

Ugh... Although the Sheepdog seems to be the current "it" model in their lineup. It's probably the only model I have less than zero interest in :mad:. I was hoping after doing the Megatherium, Kizer would go with something smaller for the next go around, but this DOES cater to popular demand. I guess I'm in the minority.

Here's to hoping for a more practical selection for the next lefty!!!

Thanks for the heads up Tony!:thumbsup:

Ugh... Although the Sheepdog seems to be the current "it" model in their lineup. It's probably the only model I have less than zero interest in :mad:. I was hoping after doing the Megatherium, Kizer would go with something smaller for the next go around, but this DOES cater to popular demand. I guess I'm in the minority.

I'm with you on the Megatherium. I couldn't justify purchase of something I wouldn't carry. I'm just a sucker for anything that even remotely resembles a sheepsfoot. I would love to see the theta, or the Matanzas as well. To a lesser degree the Feist, but it would still be great. I'm also loving my Gemini. It has quickly moved to the front of the line, and I find myself grabbing it even before my other made for the better handed knives.

Here's to hoping for a more practical selection for the next lefty!!!

Thanks for the heads up Tony!:thumbsup:

It is considerably smaller than the Megatherium. At 3.25", it is only 1/4" longer than the Minitherium and .2" shorter than the Matanzas. However, it is a beefy, tall blade (about 1.5" tall when the Minitherium is about 1.375" tall and the Matanzas is only about .9" tall). The big difference is the weight. The c01c is a heavy knife at 6.17oz compared to the Minitherium's 2.96oz and the Matanzas at 3.85oz.

I would say this blade is middle of the road being a little longer than the Gemini and Minitherium but shorter than the larger knives like the Megatherium or Critical.

BTW Dave, I sent you a email/DM.

Yup It's all about the blade. Way too tall and not enough of a tip for what I like. I do a lot of "stab & slice" cuts on boxes. I always thought that profile was just silly tall. Too much pocket real estate and not enough room for my wallet.

Got yer DM T. Reply sent. (you know damn well that I'm in!;):thumbsup:)

The left-handed Sheepdog c01c (ki4488L1) is available now! Just got an email from BladeHQ on them. I haven't seen them for sale anywhere else.

Just bought a lefty megatherium though the sheepdog isn't really my style. Thanks for the lefty support kizer :)

Just ordered a lefty Gemini from BHQ. Glad they sent the sales notice to my email. I had no idea until today that a lefty frame lock flipper existed! Would love a Degnan Guru with a 3.5" blade...I'd buy it in a heartbeat.

Just ordered the Gavko Massdrop Thresher left handed model. Was really surprised that they offered it in a lefty so I went for it. Hope it’s as good as it looks

I have the right handed Begleiter vangaurd series in green, Lefty Kizer Gemini, Lefty Kizer SheepDog C01C Titanium, and the Lefty Kiser Isham Megtherium. I LOVE THEM ALL. I would buy any lefty knives Kizer made. The ones I would love to see in left are the Yorkie, Begleiter vanguard (mini and full size), The Domin (mini and full size), The Begleiter in titanium with the drop point or clip point blade, The kizer Dukes, The ISham Theta, The Splinter, the The CK critical, The uprising Clip point, The Kyre, The Roach, The Envoy, The River Cat, and The Caligine. You guys make great knives. Keep'em coming!.

Would it be possible to order directly from Kizer if I had a specific request for a left version?
You mean like if the factory can make you a left version of a particular model?
In that case I can tell you their answer... sorry but no can do... (or you'll have to order at least a couple of hundred pieces (;-))

I purchased a River Cat a couple months ago and absolutely love it. Highly recommend it.

Hello, what models do you suggest us to make a left-handed versions? All lefties are welcome to comment below. We will try our best to satisfy all of you!

A little off topic but while you are taking suggestions can we please get a large Kizer Feist? 3.25 inches would be perfect for this model of knife and in that size it would be likely my favourite knife.

I love the 2.75 inch feist you guys already make but a 3.25-3.3 inch version would just be the ultimate folding knife for me.

Back