Anyone buy a Tuff today?

I googled spyderco tuff and found some in stock at dealers on the first page of results...

I can't buy one for another month or so, but I'll probably stop by a certain Headquarters and handle one this week...

Can someone please tell me the specs on the Tuff, I really need the blade length and overall length.

Can someone please tell me the specs on the Tuff, I really need the blade length and overall length.

Specifications
Overall Length: 8.84"
Blade Length: 3.75"
Closed Length: 5.15"
Cutting Edge: 3"
Blade Thickness: 0.157"
Weight: 6.6 oz

The choil is a bit large, that is the only bummer. I'm interested in thoughts on the position of the cutout in the RIL.

[video=youtube;hDjYbTPPwjg]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hDjYbTPPwjg&feature=youtube_gdata_player[/video]

Big choils are on most Schempp knives. For me it's a deal breaker. I don't like or use choils.

I'd buy a Tuff if it didn't have that big choil. Same thing with the Super Leaf....big choil. I really like both knives. I like more cutting edge...not a big choil!

The CE on the Tuff would be 3.75 without the choil....not 3.0 with it......................

Last edited:
Big choils are on most Schempp knives. For me it's a deal breaker. I don't like or use choils.

I'd buy a Tuff if it didn't have that big choil. Same thing with the Super Leaf....big choil. I really like both knives. I like more cutting edge...not a big choil!

The CE on the Tuff would be 3.75 without the choil....not 3.0 with it......................

I agree, on a knife of this size a choil just seems to waste so much of the useful part of the blade. I was pretty excited about the tuff being its 3v but the choil kills it and the holes/divots all over the place look like an after thought to me. Probably an excellent knife but its not for everyone.

Back