Anyone buy a Tuff today?

Great pics guys. The design of this knife really hooks me in. The Tuff has the alien curves that warp the shape of the knife for some function you can't quite figure out. At the same time, these harsh curves that make me almost dismissive grow on me until it is absolutely cool looking... Except the dimple pattern. It won't stop me from getting one of course. However, I suspect the Tuff would be a perfect 10 if they used the fluted pattern on this beast!

just got mine in this morning. WOW! This is a beautiful, exceptionally well made folder. And it lives up to its name. This is one tough brute.

Like others, I kind of had reservations about the dimples. More so on the G10 side then the ti, if that makes sense. On the ti, in photos, to me it added a nice visual touch, and in person, its a better accent then I thought. But its not at all shabby on the other side, however I still am planning on making a carbon fiber scale and back spacer. To me, that is my only gripe for this knife, the carbon fiber on say the gayle bradley would of been amazing on this knife. With everything else premium, why not? Imagine the dimples in carbon fiber, nicely polished.

Their is indeed a break in period, and my thumb is already a bit sore from playing with it for the last hour and a half..but I dont mind that one bit. While others dislike the choil, it doesnt bother me, their is plenty of blade left to cut.

A solid winner from spyderco, I havent been this taken with a knife in a long time.

The only thing I don't like about the Tuff is the dimples, and that's just because I absolutely loved the prototype's texture.

Everything else looks great, and that blade shape with 3v steel is off the charts cool.

I really need to stay out of the Spyderco subforum. Just ordered a Tuff. I am sure I will have it by saturday, as Roger usually gets his stuff out quick. If anyone is looking they do have them in stock in a few places.

I am in the same boat as many others, waiting for the one I pre-ordered. Thanks for the pics and videos everyone.

I ordered mine from a certain "shoppe" (not sure if they're a forum supporter, but if so, I can say the name now that I'm a supporting member, right?). Does anyone know if they typically ship right away and also if they're even in stock at this Shoppe I speak of? It didn't mention anything about being out of stock. I tried the trick where you add like a thousand Tuff's to your shopping cart and it changes the number to, say, 20, indicating that there are only 20 in stock. But either they have thousands in stock or this method doesn't work with their site. I know I could just contact them, but I just thought I'd ask here since I'm not that worried about it. Just kind of curious if this place tends to ship right away and/or if they usually send tracking information, because I ordered mine with USPS Priority on Monday afternoon and never got any tracking info or indication that it shipped. It would have shipped Tuesday and should show up tomorrow. It's odd not getting tracking info these days, though, so I'm starting to think it might have been out of stock or the order is still unfulfilled.

[video=youtube;_aNLOxqYxNE]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_aNLOxqYxNE&feature=player_detailpage[/video]

Here is another review. Definitely different. I cant' decide if I love it or hate it.

I ordered mine from a certain "shoppe" (not sure if they're a forum supporter, but if so, I can say the name now that I'm a supporting member, right?). Does anyone know if they typically ship right away and also if they're even in stock at this Shoppe I speak of? It didn't mention anything about being out of stock. I tried the trick where you add like a thousand Tuff's to your shopping cart and it changes the number to, say, 20, indicating that there are only 20 in stock. But either they have thousands in stock or this method doesn't work with their site. I know I could just contact them, but I just thought I'd ask here since I'm not that worried about it. Just kind of curious if this place tends to ship right away and/or if they usually send tracking information, because I ordered mine with USPS Priority on Monday afternoon and never got any tracking info or indication that it shipped. It would have shipped Tuesday and should show up tomorrow. It's odd not getting tracking info these days, though, so I'm starting to think it might have been out of stock or the order is still unfulfilled.

I have ordered from said shoppe many a times and he goes a great job and always comes through.

I have ordered from said shoppe many a times and he goes a great job and always comes through.

That's good to hear but if they did ship it the day after I ordered it, it would have been here today and it didn't show up. Hopefully they were a day behind and I'll get it tomorrow. On the other hand, it may not have shipped yet and may not even be in stock.

Been playing wiht mine for the past 2 days. Love it, and I actually like the choil a lot (even though it eats from cutting edge).

+1 to the whole loosening the piviot..it doesnt make it fast, just uncentered. I oiled it up and still seems the same.

Also the pivot was EXTREMELY hard to loosen. I actually broke a torx inside the head, a ton of loctite im assuming. I even heated it up and still no luck. Only way I could get it out was via electric drill..and even then it wharped my spare torx (wiha brand..11 bucks a head :( ).

Thats a Dragg man! Sorry I couldn't help it :p

Gee, never heard that before! :p Such a Dragg having the last-name Dragg, huh?!

Anyway, finally got notice that my Tuff was shipped this evening (meaning it won't go out until tomorrow, Friday). I ordered it on Monday. Not a big deal and I will still buy from this shoppe, especially if they even do another run of orange PM2's! But I'm a little bit put off by the fact that somewhere like Blade HQ would have had the Tuff in my hands by today and this store has barely shipped it. I'll be lucky to get it by Monday and an entire week is just kinda - meh - when you pay for USPS Priority to get it in 2-3 days. It's all good, though. I'd still buy from this unnamed place, especially since I got the Tuff for only $223! Can't complain when I think about that, because it was $240-250 everywhere else if I recall correctly?

Also the pivot was EXTREMELY hard to loosen. I actually broke a torx inside the head, a ton of loctite im assuming. I even heated it up and still no luck. Only way I could get it out was via electric drill..and even then it wharped my spare torx (wiha brand..11 bucks a head :( ).

Damn, son! This thing really is turning out to be Tuff! Tuff name, Tuff to open, Tuff steel, Tuff on yer torx bits, Tuff on the thumbs (at least on those of you who don't own a Gayle Bradley. Those of us who do are well-callused men :) ) ...

Damn, son! This thing really is turning out to be Tuff! Tuff name, Tuff to open, Tuff steel, Tuff on yer torx bits, Tuff on the thumbs (at least on those of you who don't own a Gayle Bradley. Those of us who do are well-callused men :) ) ...

Hahha, it actually reminded me of my Gayle so much so that I went and took it out this morning. I remember when I first got that thing..wow made me almost weep in tears from the damage it caused my thumb in a single day. I remember my fiinget nail had peeled off my skin a bit and was actually bleeding from underneath lol.

Im in love with the knife though, just wish they would make it easier to open!

Did I buy a Tuff today? My local knife store has them for $270.00 Canadian. So no, I didn't buy one nor will I ever. If the Szabo comes out anywhere near that price I'll be giving that model a miss as well.

Got mine yesterday.It's a brute!Came spydie sharp out of the box!:thumbup:

It's pretty tough to open.Can't do the spyder drop with it.First spydie I ever had that I couldn't do it with.I hope it eases up in time.

Mine is sitting at home in the delivery box just waiting for me to finish my work tour...

Back