Anyone else as ridiculously excited for the Nirvana as I am?

spyderco_amsterdammeet2015_productionprototype_nirvana.jpg

I, for one, am glad they went with the full size model. This thing is beautiful and is 120% must have for me!

I think its absolute beauty. Really cant wait to see some of the custom titanium work some of the members are bound to do to this knife

It's a very intriguing design and I'm excited to see how well the etching is executed in the production versions.

Mostly I'm interested in seeing the price, will it be an incredible bargain for a solid Ti handle knife, or more of a direct competitor with the TiSpine?

Yes and no. It really depends on the price. If they charge as much as the Slyz..then no lol...

Super psyched over here. It's a must buy. If some knives have to be sold to afford it, so be it. I'm also glad it's the full size, there are plenty of smaller titanium Spyderco options.

I like it a lot. Although, the blade length is a deal breaker. Sadly this one may stay un-purchased by me.

Not ridiculously... but completely reasonable to be excited over this collab! :)

It is larger than I want and typically carry, but I'm sure after seeing some comparo shots and pics of it in the wild I may pull the trigger on one!

Yes and no. It really depends on the price. If they charge as much as the Slyz..then no lol...

I highly doubt it will be cheaper than the Slyz Bowie. It being an integral alone is gonna boost the cost up a whole bunch, then add the added cost of machining s90v.It's gonna be pricey methinks but there's no way I'm getting my hands on a Rassenti Nirvana anytime soon so this is the next best bet.

I highly doubt it will be cheaper than the Slyz Bowie. It being an integral alone is gonna boost the cost up a whole bunch, then add the added cost of machining s90v.It's gonna be pricey methinks but there's no way I'm getting my hands on a Rassenti Nirvana anytime soon so this is the next best bet.

Considering a real Nirvana is what, $1200-1500, $400 or so won't be that big of a deal.

This is Spydercos answer to the 761, which I'm gonna say I like the nirvana better! Great design.

I'll wait to see the street price before determining how exciting this one is. Sometimes we get so giddy about our toys that our brains forget to get involved. But its a good looking piece of knife, and I'll try to get one if I don't have to sell my spleen to do it.

I am excited about it too! I look at the pictures at least twice a day. I usually stick to a max of 3.5" blade length, but I would be willing to make an exception for this one. I foresee a $400 price tag if the Slysz Bowie is $300, not sure how comfortable I am with that, considering a sebenza is about the same. The Nirvana does have more styling over a sebenza though and I have never been disappointed with a Taiwanese Spyderco.

Back