Anyone else as ridiculously excited for the Nirvana as I am?

I think I'm mostly through my collecting phase. Seems sad to keep a bunch of great knives unused in a vault. I guess that's what happens when you get older and priorities start to change lol

One of the best looking knives I've seen, but the price is more than I would pay for a Spyderco.
I'll say it.....I could get another Sebenza for that:p Well, not really since the only Sebenza's I care for are the older Regulars and Classics.

That's too bad. I'm out at that price, even the secondary market prices might be more then I am willing to pay.

I was thinking $350 to $400 as a want to go to knife but at $430 to $730 is just going over the 'hill' for the average Buyer.!
I have to have 2 of these though as one is a user and the other hits the Collection Safe as it just keeps on growing bigger
and better every year.!** { if it's a Spydie ~~ I am going to buy.* }

I do the same thing. Gotta have (at least) 2. A user and a pristine untouched one for the collection vault. And if it does come out around Nov/Dec , it would make an exquisite Xmas gift to myself.

KnifeCenter has the Nirvana on preorder for $429.95 which is 40% off MSRP ($719.95).

Nirvana was the 2015 Blade Show Imported Knife Of The Year.

The latest Spyderco preorders from KnifeWorks are priced at 46.3% off MSRP so that would make the price of the Nirvana at KW about $387!

Going to have to pass as the price makes me choke.I am speechless and numb from sticker shock.Seems mighty similar to the 761 in my eyes.Spyderco is really pushing the envelope price wise in my opinion.What makes this knife a Mid-tech?.I am not feeling it for $429.95......

I think a big part of the price is the one piece titanium handle. That's expensive to manufacture.

I think some folks aren't considering how quickly manufacturing costs escalate as you add more steps and tolerance refinements in the manufacturing process. You can easily spend ten to thirty times the price of a Nirvana on a decent Swiss watch. One can argue whether it's worth it to them individually, but the difference in manufacturing quality is clearly evident. You pay for what you get; there are no magic efficiencies gained by cutting corners.

You can bet your rear end that I'm getting a Nirvana.

True, and I'd probably feel differently about it and pick one up if I didn't have huge expenses on the horizon for next year. Oh well. I'm sure it will be an amazing knife.

A Finnish retailer has their price set at $355, so that is promising. I doubt prices will stay as high as Knifecenter is asking.

I am really excited for this knife! So bad that I don't care what price it is. Looks amazing, one of my favorite designs from Spyderco ever.

I wish it were a little bigger. 4.25 in blade. No handle etching. Also, I wish they had done the Druid by Peter Raz. instead.

Still, very impressive offering.

The price is definitely up there. I played with one at Blade and it was nice!

I just wish there was more access on the lock side for the "spydie hole".
- that's what she said

Last edited:
I wish they would have put on some nicer pivot screws. Something like what was used on the Schempp Tuff would have been nice. Just something other than the standard hardware that looks like they pulled it off of the shelf from Lowes.

Same thing for the pocket clip. For the price point they're going for, I'd have liked to see a nice machined clip instead of the standard off the shelf clip.

They went to so much trouble with the rest of the details. They hid the stop pin well. They did an awesome monolithic Ti handle. Then it's almost like they lost interest in designing it and just slapped on a standard clip and standard pivot screws. Again, I'd have expected those details to be better on a knife like this that costs as much as it does.

I wish they would have put on some nicer pivot screws. Something like what was used on the Schempp Tuff would have been nice. Just something other than the standard hardware that looks like they pulled it off of the shelf from Lowes.

Same thing for the pocket clip. For the price point they're going for, I'd have liked to see a nice machined clip instead of the standard off the shelf clip.

They went to so much trouble with the rest of the details. They hid the stop pin well. They did an awesome monolithic Ti handle. Then it's almost like they lost interest in designing it and just slapped on a standard clip and standard pivot screws. Again, I'd have expected those details to be better on a knife like this that costs as much as it does.

I don't think you're gonna see milled clips in the ~$375 price range outside of Reate or Kizer. Considering how high Spyderco's manufacturing costs already are (look at how much the Slysz Bowie cost just because of the contoured handles), it seems like adding anything else to this knife would have sent the price into the stratosphere. Honestly I'm amazed this knife, as is, isn't between $450-500 considering how Spyderco's pricing has been as of late.

Also, in keeping with the accuracy of the recreation of the original, Peter Rassenti doesn't use decorative hardware.

Back