Anyone else as ridiculously excited for the Nirvana as I am?

Saw that, and just noticed that the weight is listed as 11.1 [emoji46] I've never been one to worry about weight much, but that thing is heavy!

Holy cow. I thought the Chaves 228 was heavy enough and that is around 8 oz according to Blade HQ.

Saw that, and just noticed that the weight is listed as 11.1 [emoji46] I've never been one to worry about weight much, but that thing is heavy!

I think that's a mistake. The Rassenti custom Nirvana is given as 5.2 oz, and I can't see the weight doubling.

http://www.arizonacustomknives.com/...Url=/peter-rassenti.aspx?product-listing.aspx

EDIT: The smaller, 3.2" blade Nirvana is just 3.5 oz:

http://www.arizonacustomknives.com/...2969.aspx?ReturnUrl=peter-rassenti.aspx?Page=

That's great news that the price is already dropping below 400$. I've wanted a custom Rassenti for awhile, but the price for one of his integrals rarely drops below 1400$, a bit more than I'm willing to spend at the moment. This is a perfect compromise -- far more affordable, with not much lost in the custom-to-production translation... at least nothing that can be isolated from the pictures and specs. The Spyderco version looks very close. The only thing lacking (besides custom craftsmanship) is a sculpted-Ti pocket-clip; the steel is even slightly upgraded (IMO). CTS-XHP is what he often uses, and I think it's an excellent choice, but S90V is a bit better. The quality between the two is subjective, but it's definitely a bit more expensive, and drives costs even higher due to the extra time it takes to work.

Last edited:
At the price KW asks I think it is a great deal. Just got word estimated retail price down here is going to be close to $1000....:(

Have you heard any weight specs besides the mistaken one from KW, RamZar? Or anyone? I couldn't find anything, but I'm guessing it's about 5.5 oz. Most of the people who've handled it have said it's blade-heavy, if anything, which suggests they did a good job of keeping the integral handle light.

It definitely appeals to me more than any of CRK's equally priced offerings. A couple of my own personal knocks, although I do intend on picking one up:
- polished stonewashed blade (like the Southard) as opposed to the Satin
- a steel insert on the lockbar
- s90V, ehh....I would rather have $325-350 and S30V or 204P would have made for an awesome package

I am expecting really high fit and finish, especially if the Southard is outstanding at 200. At 400, it transitions from "surprising value" to "specific requirements".

Back