Anyone else as ridiculously excited for the Nirvana as I am?

^^^
Yeah and the Sprig pre-order used to be cheaper too.

Snooze, lose.

Anyone who wants one should preorder or purchase before Jan. 2016. Map pricing will move the price up to $432.

Edited for brevity. People like what they like. $400 buys a lot of tools and material.

Last edited:
Guess I am not getting my Nirvana for Xmas....:-(

I thought we had a November or December ETA??

Guess I am not getting my Nirvana for Xmas....:-(

I thought we had a November or December ETA??

They may have been a bit optimistic with that, considering it didn't make the mid-year insert like the other knives announced at IWA, and less complicated models like the Gayle Bradley 2 still haven't made it to the market. Personally, I didn't expect them to meet that December estimate so I'm not too disappointed yet.

I emailed Spyderco and was informed, that the Nirvana is now scheduled for release in the fall of 2016.

My only critique Of the nirvana, for a knife of that quality and price it needs a nicer machined clip. Also I believe Rike knives is making an integral framed knife now too.

Mike

I emailed Spyderco and was informed, that the Nirvana is now scheduled for release in the fall of 2016.

For a knife that looks as great as the Nirvana , I can wait. And I guess I'll be pulling the trigger on a new Ti Military and Myrtle in the meantime.

Too bad...was hoping for a mid-year surprise! Still worth waiting for IMO, but I wonder how many other integrals will show up in the interim.

I guess I'm in the minority here, but this thing just doesn't do anything for me. For the money, I'd rather have a small micarta Sebenza. I do want the upcoming Bradley Tac1, but it's the only new Spyderco I've liked in a while.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

I like the looks of the Nirvana but it's out of my price range. I love the standard spoon type Spydie clip but the Nirvana deserves better. I don't understand some of the clip choices on their finer knives.

I like the looks of the Nirvana but it's out of my price range. I love the standard spoon type Spydie clip but the Nirvana deserves better. I don't understand some of the clip choices on their finer knives.

The Southard being the prime example of wrong clip choices. Still love my Southard though!!

Personally, not a fan of the etching. But other than that, looks like a awesome knife.

Back