Anyone Else have a Steel Will?

MaxRichards

Knife Collector
Hey all,

Long-Time Lurker, finally got around to making an account. Picked up a Steel Will yesterday and am quite impressed by it. Almost as beefy as an Adamas, with a particularly robust lockup. I don't know why I bought it; I guess it caught my eye. Anyways, anyone else got one of these things?

View media item 5627

About a dozen, including that model. Quality is high, across multiple contract manufacturers from different countries. One of my favorite companies.

About a dozen, including that model. Quality is high, across multiple contract manufacturers from different countries. One of my favorite companies.

Yeah, I'm really impressed. I've got a few more I plan to order through one of my local B&M Dealers. Went to one local shop and they had no idea what it was at all. Surprised they aren't more popular...

I have a Resident (CF/Ti) and a D2 Cutjack, both very well made knives for their respective prices.

Some of their stuff seems a little steep on price, but the more budget offerings are well worth it. I could see them becoming very successful in time.

not that one, but i have others. enjoy yours.

I'd never heard of them before until this one showed up at my local dealer. Probably going to add a Cutjack soon.

Modus & Mini-Intrigue - excellent knives for the money. I've not tried any of the upper end Steel Will knives though.

What's the OP's model that is similar to an Adamas? BF says I dont have permission to see the "Media"....

I have a cutjack mini. amazing ergos, crappy action, and between the overly strong pocket clip and the heavily textured scale, it's very hard to get in the pocket. I got it for about $15, and for that price it's fine, but if I had paid 40 I would have been disappointed. How hard would it have been in development to put a landing pad under the clip? A lot of sharp edges at the frn scale ends too.
I think the high end cutjack with the bearings and the G10 would probably be awesome, but it's too rich for my blood as an experiment.

Just got the Piercer with the titanium frame lock and I’m quite pleased with it. Excellent fit and finish, a lot of knife for the money.

I have a Modus I picked up on the PIF thread. Gotta say, I'm quite impressed with it, for the price point it sells at. Very nice action for a ~$50 flipper, and I'm a big fan of the sheepsfoot blade on it - just works for me. It's become one of my favorite EDC knives as of late.

Cutjack Mini here. I can't think of a better knife at this price point...

I've got an Onrush tanto. Nice knife. Heavier than it needs to be, but it's well built.

Just one, a CF/Ti-framelock Resident, it is slim, light and smooth, I like it a lot. Really good sub-$100 EDC option.

ynxL1ymh.jpg

Back