• The rules for The Exchange can be found here. Please read and follow them. Stop using Paypal Friends & Family and follow our best practices to prevent getting ripped off or having a bad deal.

Anyone Else Have Problems with Knife Outlet?

I'm curious how many people have gotten suckered by these people. The story goes, I ordered 2 knives, one, just a throw-in to bring the order over $100. A week or so later I get a box with only one knife. The one I really wanted wasn't there. More to the point, the packing list showed ZERO as the quantity for it. I check and a few days later and get the message "your xxxxx will ship on 6/29 the YYYYYYYYY is on backorder. I placed the order on 6/25 so 4 days to process an order is already questionable when any of the dozen or so vendors I frequent regularly ship same or next day. Then I come to find they NEVER had the item in stock. In fact, their "customer dis-service" had the stones to tell me "nowhere did it say we had it in stock" when they don't say IN or OUT of stock on anything listed. I think that's fraud at best, allowing people to check out, pay, and then a week later say "oh, btw, you aren't getting what you ordered". In short, I would never do business with a vendor that does business like this. I certainly never will again. Anyone else get suckered this way by them? Any other good or bad experiences with them?

Its my guess they have nothing or next to nothing in stock but just order from a jobber after you place an order...hence the lag between order and shipping, to account for transit time to them on top of the shipping time to you.

I have purchased from them a couple times and didn't have any problem. They are slower to fill orders than many of the online vendors - with my two purchases it took a few days before they shipped. But I got what I ordered.

In this day and age a website shouldn't allow anyone to make a purchase of an item not instock

Last edited:
I'm curious how many people have gotten suckered by these people. The story goes, I ordered 2 knives, one, just a throw-in to bring the order over $100. A week or so later I get a box with only one knife. The one I really wanted wasn't there. More to the point, the packing list showed ZERO as the quantity for it. I check and a few days later and get the message "your xxxxx will ship on 6/29 the YYYYYYYYY is on backorder. I placed the order on 6/25 so 4 days to process an order is already questionable when any of the dozen or so vendors I frequent regularly ship same or next day. Then I come to find they NEVER had the item in stock. In fact, their "customer dis-service" had the stones to tell me "nowhere did it say we had it in stock" when they don't say IN or OUT of stock on anything listed. I think that's fraud at best, allowing people to check out, pay, and then a week later say "oh, btw, you aren't getting what you ordered". In short, I would never do business with a vendor that does business like this. I certainly never will again. Anyone else get suckered this way by them? Any other good or bad experiences with them?

Its my guess they have nothing or next to nothing in stock but just order from a jobber after you place an order...hence the lag between order and shipping, to account for transit time to them on top of the shipping time to you.

You can choose to buy or not buy from whomever you like. Obviously we aren't the right dealer for you so you should move on.

But you do not have the right to refer to me as a fraud. I have been doing this since 1997 with complete honesty. Our website is a catalog, not an inventory listing and, if you read the website, you see that explained. There was no reason to bring the order to $100 because we provide free shipping for every order no matter the size. The product you received had no shippiing charge and you can return it as I said. The other one was out of stock and not even available in the marketplace. Service of supply is not a strong suit with many manufacturers in this industry.

Some people would post your emails here in defense. They were vindictive, rude and aggressive like your comments here. That isn't a good way to motivate me in any way. But I won't lower myself to do that. I will just say here what I said to you. I give what I get.

I sell most products for lower prices than other dealers because I can and still I don't charge shipping. It is a business model that works for me and my customers and is obviously not a good one for you. Best of luck to you.

You can choose to buy or not buy from whomever you like. Obviously we aren't the right dealer for you so you should move on.

But you do not have the right to refer to me as a fraud. I have been doing this since 1997 with complete honesty. Our website is a catalog, not an inventory listing and, if you read the website, you see that explained. There was no reason to bring the order to $100 because we provide free shipping for every order no matter the size. The product you received had no shippiing charge and you can return it as I said. The other one was out of stock and not even available in the marketplace. Service of supply is not a strong suit with many manufacturers in this industry.

Some people would post your emails here in defense. They were vindictive, rude and aggressive like your comments here. That isn't a good way to motivate me in any way. But I won't lower myself to do that. I will just say here what I said to you. I give what I get.

I sell most products for lower prices than other dealers because I can and still I don't charge shipping. It is a business model that works for me and my customers and is obviously not a good one for you. Best of luck to you.

It's there, but buried a little deep and certainly nothing about the listings reveals it.

Just a heads up for some people thinking of making their next purchase with Fred Whitlock out of Lakeview,IN

I purchased a knife from them.I was never provided with a confirmation email or a tracking number.

I had forgotten about my order but I called two months later to ask what was going on.I was told that my order was never shipped and my CC was not charged.....WHAT....I say that I have my paper CC Statement with a charge with KnifeOutlet and the amount told.....He goes on to tell me the CC Charge is a Pending Charge.....WHAT.....I said this a transaction from two months ago.....I go on again three times about my Statement but it gets, NOWHERE

So I contacted my CC Provider a few weeks ago to dispute the transaction and last week, I get a call about my chargeback,to get some more details.This week I get my Statement and ....SURPRISE...there's no Charge Back for the transaction.I am sure Fred disputed my Chargeback.

I have to say that I had bought from KnifeOutlet over 10 years ago but.... NEVER AGAIN.....THE WORST DEALER AROUND

Just a heads up for some people thinking of making their next purchase with Fred Whitlock out of Lakeview,IN

I purchased a knife from them.I was never provided with a confirmation email or a tracking number.

I had forgotten about my order but I called two months later to ask what was going on.I was told that my order was never shipped and my CC was not charged.....WHAT....I say that I have my paper CC Statement with a charge with KnifeOutlet and the amount told.....He goes on to tell me the CC Charge is a Pending Charge.....WHAT.....I said this a transaction from two months ago.....I go on again three times about my Statement but it gets, NOWHERE

So I contacted my CC Provider a few weeks ago to dispute the transaction and last week, I get a call about my chargeback,to get some more details.This week I get my Statement and ....SURPRISE...there's no Charge Back for the transaction.I am sure Fred disputed my Chargeback.

I have to say that I had bought from KnifeOutlet over 10 years ago but.... NEVER AGAIN.....THE WORST DEALER AROUND
Thanks! this and google saved me from ordering a knife there today, that is sold out everywhere else.

An update, I never got a Refund from KnifeOutlet but my CC issuer instead credited my account.

Before that happened, I had to call the Disputes department again, I wasn't able to contact the person that called but I explained what I bought...I said an Outdoor Fixed Blade Knife.Their response to the Question was not what I expected, She responded by say Knife....Knife....Knife... about nine times and I said Yes a few times :( WoW

Back