anyone ever get a replacement pocket clip from Zero Tolerance?

yamsi12

Gold Member
Bought my first ZT knife (0770CF) a few weeks ago and the pocket clip broke. I emailed them 5 days ago and still haven't heard back. Is that not unusual for them to take a week or more to get back about mailing a replacement pocket clip?

I would give them a call. Should be cheap; perhaps free.
If I may ask; how you end up breaking the clip?

There's a million other people in line before you for warranty service, be patient. It's also the holiday season so they are probably more busy.

If you don't hear anything in another week, call them. They'll take care of you.

More than likely everyone has been busy preparing for the annual wharehouse sale. Give them a call during business hours and they'll send one out to you quick. :)

Every time I've needed a clip or screws I've had them within a week of submitting the online form. Always been a top notch company to deal with.

I have gotten parts from them a couple times by filling out the request form on thier site, and received them in about a week.

On a side note, I replaced my 0770cf pocket clip with the clip from the 0801/0566....much better, it's a little larger but looks the same....ask for one of those...

They are normally very speedy in their response, but as has been said, with the factory sale going on, things slow down a bit, temporarily.

Just use the Contact Us form, only request one part and be specific about the model number of the knife. I've done this several times in the past and I usually get the part in about 7-10 business days.

http://zt.kaiusaltd.com/contact

We can send you screws, pocketclips, torsion bars, pivot bolt and screws, and handle screws. We cannot send blades, handle scales, liners, etc. If you need a blade, more than one part, or parts other than those we can ship, please send your knife in for warranty service. If you want us to ship you screws, a pocketclip, a torsion bar, pivot bolts and screws, or handle screws, please use the Contact Us form on the bottom of this page to request parts. Remember that parts are specific to each knife model, so please make sure the model number is included in your request for parts. You can locate the four-digit model number (for example, 0350) on the blade.

I scratched the pocket clip on my ZT 0560, and I called ZT. They sent me a new pocket clip, and screws for free. It only took a few days to get it. Great CS!

I usually never get an actual email response back from a parts request. But to be fair I always have got the parts in most cases. While I understand the desire for confirmation We are talking about free parts being shipped to your door for free. I can excuse a little communication glitch. Chances are the clip has all ready been mailed to you. If you emailed them that was a poor choice. Use the automated parts request form and you should be GTG

I would give them a call. Should be cheap; perhaps free.
If I may ask; how you end up breaking the clip?

I tried to pry it up a tad to loosen it. Bad idea. The clip was ridiculously tight, took a lot of effort to get it out of my pocket. I ended up taking a clip of my Cryo and using that for now. It actually works better, since its a used clip it comes off my pocket perfect.

I am going to the factory in a few minutes. I'll inquire about a pocket clip for the 0770CF. The entire organization goes into overdrive and overtime for the factory sale which is a riot in place and more fun and excitement that you can imagine. Thousands pour into their tiny factory over three days as fast as they possibly can and buy huge amounts of goods. The entire factory is transformed to accommodate this stellar event. There is a thread with photos in the General Forum.

I've called them a couple of times for a clip and usually get it about a week.

A little off topic....I can't stand the Ugly clip on the JYD and the ti Tyrade. I've modded 3 of them. The clip from a Storm will also fit. The Big Ugly looks much better if it's

IMO. I'll modd your for free...you pay shipping.

Zt sent me pivots screws torsion bars and clips for a 301, 077cf and a 566 no questions asked no charge, I got them in about 5 days I believe.

All you have to do is filled out the warranty form on the web site and they will ship one out. Usually less than two weeks.

Looks like you got your answer already but I'll share my experience. I filled out the form and never received confirmation as the website stated I would. I had a new clip for my 0770CF within 6 days! No need to worry, it will come. If it doesn't I have an extra I'll send you.

I filled out the form, never got a response, but got a thermite clip, longer screws, and a couple 0560 clips in about a week.

Back