Anyone ever watch A Craftsman's Legacy?

It is a PBS show that covers some interesting crafts. Some I never need to see again (Native American flute making i.e.), but that is the nature of such shows. He does cover a Cooper, knife maker, etcher, armorer, and others that can be surprisingly interesting, in a very PBSy way.

We seem to enjoy it, thought others might also

http://www.craftsmanslegacy.com

(If this should be moved to another subforum or deleted for some reason I won't worry about it.)

I've been watching since it started.

It's fascinating to watch someone make an object from beginning to end.

Great show overall, although I was a bit disappointed in the knife making episode.

I caught the end of that and in just a few minutes of watching it seemed a little disconnected. That is the one that got me to post about it though.

There was a Secrets of the Dead about a Viking sword that was pretty good, if I remember correctly.

I am glad someone else enjoys it.

The Handcrafted America series has featured the DesRosiers and Tony Bose. The presenter doesn't portray herself to be a craftsman and seems to let the people explain the process.

Last edited:
I'll check that one out. Looks like it could be entertaining.

Craftsman's Legacy definitely let's the folks explain the process, but when he builds something with the folks how it gets edited down for a half hour show, sometimes some steps get skipped. It is usually pretty thorough though.

I really like the show. Kind of what I wish shows like Forged in Fire could be. Although edited way down, it doesn't have all the "drama" like in Iron Chef and Forged in Fire that I don't like.

I'll check that one out. Looks like it could be entertaining.

Craftsman's Legacy definitely let's the folks explain the process, but when he builds something with the folks how it gets edited down for a half hour show, sometimes some steps get skipped. It is usually pretty thorough though.

It's a bit more eclectic than Craftsman's Legacy and won't appeal to everyone. I skip through the parts that have no interest to me. Handcrafted America covers several makers in one episode so is not as thorough, but there's usually at least one in every episode that's interesting. Besides, Jill is pretty cute.

I agree. Maybe not all of them, but at least half. ;) Some do seem to really suffer from the half hour limit compared to others.

Back