Anyone have an AK MIGS Tanto?

The AK Migs Tanto is a hot blade. I'd like to see a few comparison shots. At 4.25 blade length it would be about the size of my Emerson Super Roadhouse. Maybe if DJ could take a photo with one in his hands? Also, I'm clear there is a wait time on everything. I'm not scurred!

For AK fixed blades, it's pretty much between the Migs tanto and the Colibri (sp?). If I get enough caffeine in me I might "mistakenly" add one of those sweet axes into the shopping cart when I check out :).

No. But I'd like one.
DJ's new, yet to be released Brisket, will be a tanto also.

@ Lycosa. The first thing that jumped out at me when I looked over the American Kami site: there is so much there! I mean, the knives are all so freaking bada@@. The guy is prolific. What I'm wondering though is how receptive the maker is to orders for older models. Any ideas?

Thanks so much guys.

Frankjuka: I'll need to rifle through the archives and see if I can't find you an in-hand pic of the MIGS-T.

The pattern Rolf is referring to is this one. There are two versions of this knife - the custom and the midtech. Here's a pic of each of those.

When I am prototyping a new pattern, it gets a project name until I get around to giving it an actual name. Brisket was the project name for this model. Actual name is the CCP.

AKcustomharpoonT.jpg

ColubrisHarpoonT.JPG

DJ That Brisket is an outstanding piece of work. Thanks for chiming in here. My main necessity right now is a fixed blade that I can carry concealed IWB. The Brisket might not be quite right.

I'm at the Colubri or the Type C-Kbit as top choices right now. Your knives are so varied and interesting that it makes me sound flaky coz I keep getting caught up in a different one!

Thanks for the follow up. I'd still like to see that Migs Tanto and also the type C-Kbit in the hand if you have it. I know you're busy though. No rush. Thanks!

Thanks buddy. Glad you like them.

I'm 5'10" and 190, and I can IWB appendix carry a Super Colubris with 6" blade. 8" is right on the bleeding edge of what I can conceal comfortably that way. All depends on how it rides. So one of those harpoons with 5.5" blade would be no problem.

Will try and find you those in-hand pics. I only have about 100GB of them to sort thought from the past eight years. :eek:

DJ That Brisket is an outstanding piece of work. Thanks for chiming in here. My main necessity right now is a fixed blade that I can carry concealed IWB. The Brisket might not be quite right.

I'm at the Colubri or the Type C-Kbit as top choices right now. Your knives are so varied and interesting that it makes me sound flaky coz I keep getting caught up in a different one!

Thanks for the follow up. I'd still like to see that Migs Tanto and also the type C-Kbit in the hand if you have it. I know you're busy though. No rush. Thanks!

Back