anyone heard of arcform?

Great write up Robert!!
One thing is missing though sir.......no pics???
Horribly incomplete my friend!!!
And so.....reported for unfinished review!!!
Sorry!!
:D
Joe

There are pics. Not showing to you?
They show for me. thank you for the info. did your action get better after taking it apart? did you clean the internals and lube it up? when i do that my reates that i currently have work like shown in the video.

It was about the same after cleaning. It was well lubed already. However, after playing with it a bit, it's smoothing up. But it wasn't bad before. Just not drop-free w/o a shake.

Just something about this one. And it's made by Reate? Sign me up.

That's ok. Some folks just plain stupid. I will take my Reate's over ANY chris reeve knife. For some reason people are getting to the point of it is US made but still crap I will buy it. It goes with many products not just knives. I pay for quality period. It is beyond me why people like the Sebenza so much. The opening action sucks. The thumb stud is hard to get at. No ceramic bearings. At my Reate's knives fly open. To each his own.

CRKT is not Chris Reeve knives. Also, the opening action on a sebenza does not suck, it's just different than the opening action of a knife with bearings. Not everyone needs their knife to open .002 seconds faster to cut things. It's a completely different type of knife with very tight tolerances.

Back to the knife that is the subject of this thread, it looks great and I'd love to try one out. Thank you for the review!

Reactions: Mo2
It's a great knife. I really am loving it.

And I still love the Sebenza. ;)

Overall, I like the look/design of the knife and am sure it is of excellent build quality. My nitpicks at this price point would be blade steel, and something about the CF layout just doesn't appeal to me. I'd rather see it as an inlay into the titanium (or plain Ti), rather than taking up half the show-side handle/scale.

Not my "cup of tea"...no point.

This is Arcform's only knife on Blade HQ, who says this about the company: "Arcform Knives began with a goal to bring fine-tuned tools to human hands. They create high-quality, functional knives built with the needs of the knife community in mind. Arcform offers a fusion of brilliant design and precise attention to detail, paired with materials made to last."

What's so special about the knife or company that it commands $350 for a Chinese product? In comparison, the CRKT Eros, a Taiwanese flipper, designed by Onion is $165. Is it because Blauvelt, the designer, is hot? Do ceramic ball bearings cost a lot more than steel :) ?

The eros
I have respect for knives made in China, but in my small mind, in this case the price is kind of high for an off-shore manufacturer, not from Europe. No offense meant, just ignorance of the company, designer and knife.

I've always had great respect for the abilities of some Chinese makers since I saw the CAS Iberia Ron Lake interframe knife in 2004.

My Eros is a great knife, almost equal to a Sebenza in quality, it is Ti, has a rare steel, IKBS pivot and a Ken Onion overall design. It be a great knife if it came from any country. Maybe some are prejudiced against CRKT, not all of their product belongs at the flea market :)
i would never put a crkt eros on the same level as a crk. But i would put reate on their level (chris reeve) . And acuto is just a fancy version of 440C. I would take s35vn over that. Im glad you like your crkt. But i am of the opinion that reate makes a much finer knife with better materials and infinitely better fit and finish.

Got mine two weeks ago. It's a beauty just to hold and admire. This will be a shelf queen for me. I'm hoping they make a beefier version of this knife. To see this blade shape thicker and bigger would be awesome. I like big knifes so I'm biased but other than that this knife and the packaging are impressive. Other knife companies should take note.

Update on mine: When I put mine back together I slightly stripped a handle screw. My fault - junk tool. I emailed them and asked how they handled replacement parts and how I could go about buying replacements. They were very prompt to answer me and, at no cost, shipped me new screws.

Solid CS. Love that.

I really liked the knife when I got it. Having been a bit, I like it maybe a bit more than I did to start, even. All in all, I think I still prefer a thumb stud or hole as my preferred opening method, but this is, and tied with one other example I can think of, the best execution of a flipper (that I've handled).

I picked up one of these off Blade HQ and man oh man this thing is pretty much perfect. Lock up was just a hair off center but I took it apart for lubing and threw some loctite on the pivot and this thing sits perfectly center and flips like a dream. Action and detent are awesome, I saw somewhere someone said the detent wasn't that strong but that wasn't the case for mine. Fit and finish are on point. Price is up there but you get what you pay for and even then some. If this was from a well known company it could be going for $450-$500 easy. Arcform really hit this out of the park, I can't wait to see what they put out next!

Looks like you sold it a month later. Would you update us on your tumultuous love story? ;)

Still love it. Other than a handful of slipjoints which are cheaper to hoard, my knife "collection" is generally one knife, sometimes two. When I want to try new things I have to sell old things. The process is cheaper in that I am not holding a lot of "inventory," but it does mean I often miss things I had previously.

The knife was great. After having had it a bit, my only complaint was that it was a flipper. But that's on me. Flippers (to me) are fun in the short term, but really I like thumb openers. The knife was/is beautiful, though.

Just got the knife a few days ago. Fit and finish on par with my top 5 knives such as CRK, Reate, Brous, ZT and Spyderco. I like the fact that they were not obsessed with weight as much as fit and finish. I love carrying as a second knife Other knife is my actual EDC. Company produced a wonderful knife right out of the gate. I look forward to more designs in this look. I like Reate's quality but don't like all the colors and safequeen blade designs. Reate quality with more traditional folder design. Much more usable design. In closing I think the small well placed flipper design is a really comfortable design and when knife is closed you hardly see or feel it.

Reactions: Mo2
Can those who have this let us know how aggressive the flipper jimping is? I heard one reviewer complain his was way to sharp.

Not big fan of the blade tip but otherwise awesome. Love that the blade is completely inside the handle and not wide. Carries well.

Looks like a great regular carry knife. Might be a bit thick, but I could live with it.

Back