Anyone Here Strength Training?

I hit the gym, if you have any sort of base built from either genetics or hard work, maintaining and improving boils down to getting your ass into the gym every week not what you take, eat or the latest training fat. Just putting in sustainable work day in and day out. Anyone wants to chew the fat on lifting I'm down
17424620_745417865625667_8450554660409097133_n.jpg

^^^ Damn, I'm impressed! :thumbsup:

I've always been (and still am) into health, nutrition and fitness. I'm fortunate to have been blessed with some pretty incredible genetics, a fast metabolism (thanks to my mom & dad), and a hard work ethic instilled by my disciplinarian/old school father, who was a tough as nails cowboy/LEO. I started lifting in the Seabee's back when I was stationed with a small detachment on the Island of Diego Garcia, located in the middle of the Indian Ocean. I had an Italian buddy from New Hampshire, who I became workout partners with. We would hit the gym 6 days a week...when I went home on leave, nobody could believe the transformation I made. I've always been lean and really toned; adding 20 pounds of muscle, I literally had to start fighting the women off. :D

It was a year ago, yesterday, that I had major surgery, to repair a catastrophic shoulder injury I suffered surfing...it was the biggest uphill challenge I've ever faced (physically). My VA physician offered to recommend giving me a permanent disability rating...
Today, I'm looking as good as I did back in my 20's. I paddle miles out in the ocean & occasionally a 3-4 hour intense surf session, then the surf is pumping. I also do 200 pushups (4 sets of 50 on my perfect push up supports), bar dips (4 sets of 25), pull ups (3-4 sets of 12-15) and a lot abdominal work on my slant board- & the 6 pack is popping again. :cool:

Personally: it all boils down to my "hard work ethic", and my "Can Do" Seabee mentality. My job (residential carpenter) is an 8-10 a day workout by itself.

If anyone here ever plans on visiting San Diego, hit me up. Another member (who I didn't even really know), reached out to me when he and his wife were visiting La Jolla for vacation. I took 2 kayaks over to La Jolla Shores and met up with them & tried my best to give them lessons (this was 3 months post OP). They ended up having a blast.

Jackasses at our gym dropping the friggin dumbbells has broken a number of them. Busted the rather large bolt holding the plate on the end.
Some of them haven't broken fully yet, but rattle all over the place.

I am seriously tempted to pepper spray them in the face for being such asses.
Since I use the dumbbells for pullovers, if the bolt gives out, the weight could fall right on my face.

If they cannot put the weight down without slamming it, they are too dammed weak to be using that weight.
They should come back to it when they have grown stronger.[/
QUOTE]

^ This has to be, one of the funniest freaking things I've had the enjoyment of reading here on BF's. :D

FWIW Stab: "Jackass," is one of my favorite word's. :D

Never to late to start training Moxy. I've been training on a regular basis since leaving the army. I do torso training only and despite being an avid runner, I was able to win a couple of bench meets. Training is my religion.

Back