Anyone know of a tannery or supplier of a nice tan leather?

Can't seem to find any. Bought a real nice tan off Ebay years ago and never found the same color again.

Springfield Leather had a nice Chap leather, but showed up darker, so more of a med. brown than tan.

Here's some samples of what I'm looking for. Saddle Tan?

casatan.jpg

badland22x.jpg

Thanks

DON

Check with Hidehouse. Ask for a sample of their Roughman in honey. might work for ya, Don.

Thanks, but thats 8-9oz material and probably very firm. I'm looking for 5oz for watch straps

Thanks

DON

Ya bet Don. I've used quite a bit of their Roughman leather and it tends to run lighter in color than it appears on the site.

Ya bet Don. I've used quite a bit of their Roughman leather and it tends to run lighter in color than it appears on the site.

Hard to tell Dave. I didn't see the color originally, but I just found it and it's doesn't even come close to a tan color.

Maybe stuck the wrong color in, but looks like a muddy brown. I can't afford to err on color. Especially at these prices and s/h to Canada.

Good color sells. Bad color gets tossed out or used as liner material and these hides can run 28 sq. ft

products_display_image.php

Having a sample sent, so will see

Thanks

DON

Call Roger there at Hide House and tell him what you are looking for, send him your pics. If anyone can get ya hooked up it'll be him.

Call Roger there at Hide House and tell him what you are looking for, send him your pics. If anyone can get ya hooked up it'll be him.

Funny that out of all the sales people. Roger was the one I emailed. Did send him some strap images and he is shipping a sample

Thanks

DON

He's my guy and if he's tied up (he handles a lot of very large accounts, multiple pallet type orders) so can be tough to get a hold of by phone sometimes, email seems to work the best.

He's my guy and if he's tied up (he handles a lot of very large accounts, multiple pallet type orders) so can be tough to get a hold of by phone sometimes, email seems to work the best.
Hi Dave,
Roger was nice enough to send some leather samples, but roughman didn't come close. Underlying color was right, but it's the main color that was off

He had 2 nice leathers and 4 colors for all, but not able to buy 22 - 28 sq. ft. nowadays + the higher s/h cost to Canada.

I've been buying from Springfield leather as I can buy by the sq. ft. and test leathers

He did make an error and emailed to try and sell me a skid, but told him I would buy if the net 90 terms was years and not days

Thanks for your help

DON

Back