Anyone know when the new Dodo will be up for sale/pre?

Topic says it all. I have the 2 sprints and use the orange one for work but will get this new one for work so I don't have to keep sharpening the orange. Anyone have an idea when it'll be up? Any news?

Topic says it all. I have the 2 sprints and use the orange one for work but will get this new one for work so I don't have to keep sharpening the orange. Anyone have an idea when it'll be up? Any news?

So wait, what... is the new Dodo a thing?

I own a serrated blue and an orange but don't carry either. Had the CF version but didn't care much for it. Anyway, I'd jump on a new Dodo if it's happening.

I own a serrated blue and an orange but don't carry either. Had the CF version but didn't care much for it. Anyway, I'd jump on a new Dodo if it's happening.
Well "Kreyzhorse" I'll be right behind you in line to snag a couple of these new Sprint Run Dodo models. Now don't you agree with me that the SPYDEREDGED Dodo was probably Spyderco's very best short bladed, serrated cutting tool that they ever put out?

I want to know how many of you guys would love to see this upcoming Sprint Run of the Dodo be offered in SE & PE both? We haven't had a Dodo in SE ever since the first runs back in 2003 to 2005. I bet I'm not the only one who would want a newer Spyderedged Dodo here either.

If Spyderco would offer this next run of the Dodo in SE & PE both I'll get one in PE and two in SE. I don't even care if the SE units are made with an older steel. I would like to see the PE offered in XHP, M-4 or S90V. It's high time we got one with a newer/better blade steel IMO.

Or just at least let some of us "hard core" fans of the Dodo be able to special order them in SE.

JD,

I am with you on the spyderedge Dodo. We have already seen that the satin blade version will be plain edge, so I am thinking that they really need to do the follow up DLC version in full spyderedge! I have already emailed BHQ requesting this configuration and I suggest you and all of the other spyderedge junkies do the same!

I'd try a SE one but I doubt it'll happen. The BHQ specials seem to follow a pattern. First the bare M4 and then the DLC some time later.

I'm in on the bare myself, I don't mind how tool steel looks after use.

BHQ is also been good with email alerts and posts on Instagram of these. I 'm going to go look right now if it's up.

It's not up yet.

Ya as you can see it's happening. I'm going to retired the orange one and use the m4 for work if I can get it. Probably can but cutlery shoppe exclusives are much easier to get than BHQs. Also it's a shame the Dodo isn't a main run because it's a ridiculous work horse. Destroys everything, hides in your palm, flick open, easy close, ergos up down left right you name it, lightweight, double recurve and a tip that picks up scraps on ceramics. It's a dream. If only it was main in something other than s30v, now there is!

I'd try a SE one but I doubt it'll happen. The BHQ specials seem to follow a pattern. First the bare M4 and then the DLC some time later.

Email BHQ and request that the DLC version be serrated edge. I have done that and I know some others are. If they see that enough people want a serrated version then hopefully they will make their DLC version SE.

I'm really hoping that there is more released than just the bladehq version, not that the bladehq version isn't awesome, just a little tricky to get hands on one in Canada

Last edited:
I'm really hoping that there is more released than just the bladehq version, not that the bladehq version isn't awesome, just a little tricky to get hands on one in Kanata.
Ottawa? That would be no problem. I've had a few of the BHQ natural G10s come direct with no issues, and other folding knives from BHQ too. They just hit you for tax.

Ottawa? That would be no problem. I've had a few of the BHQ natural G10s come direct with no issues, and other folding knives from BHQ too. They just hit you for tax.
Edited my post. Meant to type 'Canada', I was under the impression that the CBSA had an issue with Spyderco's coming through the mail. When did you get your bhq sprints? If there seems to be little risk of them being denied entry I'll definitely pick up a couple from bladehq

Edited my post. Meant to type 'Canada', I was under the impression that the CBSA had an issue with Spyderco's coming through the mail. When did you get your bhq sprints? If there seems to be little risk of them being denied entry I'll definitely pick up a couple from bladehq
I got the Lum Tanto right at the peak of the "tHe SkY iS fAlLiNg and then over the winter a Stretch. That whole thing was overblown. Had knives in from Massdrop too and all they do is hit me for the tax.

I wouldn't order a switch blade or a bali but normal folding knives seem to be OK still.

Back