Anyone make tool/nail pouches?

hey guys,
I was at work the other day and I noticed my nail pouch has already started falling apart, I buy on average 2 a year and I'm getting sick of it. So I figured I'd see if anyone on here makes or would be interested in making one. I'm not looking for anything uber fancy just something built to last out of sturdy materials, I'd also like some removable liners I always end up with mud or stones in it and it would be awesome to just dump it out.
I should probably mention I use the pouch daily when I set concrete forms so it will get wet and see some abuse.
Thanks guys.

I haven't seen any custom made. Your idea is a good one though about removable liners.

I think it's a good idea for anyone who works outside unwanted stuff always finds a way in. I haven't had anyone I've contacted reply that's willing to try making it. I'll either just try the next step up in the commercially available ones. I'll probably try making one myself.

I'll take a look the iron workers bolt pouches might do if I got 2 of them. I think I'm going to keep looking tho I'd really like something that will actually suite my needs for once.

If ya decide to build em yourself do not heistate to contact me, I'll sure help all I can.

Back when I wore bags all day every day, I found that my biggest issue was that I needed more and different tool slots than any bag commercially available had. In my case it was less expensive to buy a ready made bag and modify the heck out of it than to buy a big side of leather and sew up my own. I was mostly inside doing finish work so a 6-8 oz leather bag would last a couple years, and by then I'd have a new tool layout planned.

Occidental Leather makes great bags, I could never afford them but I did pony up for the sheepskin liner for my belt. My rig weighed over 35 lbs and that liner literally saved my hips. A couple years later I took a cardboard template to the factory when I was passing by Petaluma and had a sheepskin liner made that fit perfectly under my bags. The sheepskin wore out a time or two, but the leather held up over a decade. I still have my belts and bags, but I work in a shop space so they almost never make it out of the drawer now.

Back