Anyone order from Lamnia in Finland?

Wow, it's weird about USPS and international shipments. Stateside they have always been the fastest, most dependable and by far the cheapest alternative for shipping axes. And my local post office has been super helpful for me. They are my go to option for shipping and have been for years.

Ive ordered various things from overseas in Europe and Asia over the last few months using international postal with USPS. Frankly, service has been pretty poor. So far, everything eventually arrived. But it took a very long time & there was no usable tracking info. Sometimes a package wasnt shown as delivered till a couple days after I received it.

Little after comment here, Finnish Post was in total chaos in the end of 2016 - beginning of 2017. Lots and lots of mail was lost and delayed. Our company lost lots of letters sent to customers during that period. The company - instead of concentrating on delivering packages - has been developing all kinds of other services like mowing lawns (I'm not kidding), ripping off customers with their pricing and getting new BMW's for their CEO's.

I sent package this week to Estonia and they only send priority now that costs 25eur (for those who don't know, Estonia is neighbour country).

Wow, glad to hear you finally got it. Was quite the adventure...and it seems, imposed on you by your own kin - meaning, the guys on this side of the pond.

PACKAGE ARRIVED! Over 60 days! Post Office said it was Finland delay but all the stickers said it sat in JFK for weeks. Lazy US Customs workers?

Would be very interested to hear how Lamnia handles this - if you don't mind saying. So now you have two axes when you include the replacement they sent.

I'm waiting for a order that now has taken 5 weeks. In the meantime, I placed two separate knife orders with them and those arrived in a few days. The knives were shipped using the UPS shipping option. I don't intend to use the postal 'services' again when ordering from Lamnia or other overseas companies. As of late I hear lots of stories like this. Have no idea why. Lots of complaints about slow delivery, 'lost' packages, and often the USPS website is down or there is no updates of tracking info.

Last edited:
Tracking said package delivered at 1:47 PM. Looked. Nothing delivered. Mail arrived that day after 2:30 PM as usual. No package. Package arrived at 2:45 PM the next day.

USPS Tracking - Science Fiction.

Would be very interested to hear how Lamnia handles this - if you don't mind saying. So now you have two axes when you include the replacement they sent.

After my axe didn't arrive after a month in the mail, Lamina refunded my money. Then a week later, the axe arrived. They had me send them a PayPal to refund the refund. All good.

Sigh . . . UPS package that was supposed to be delivered today, is being held up by U.S. Customs. Groan. - - So there is no telling how long it'll take to get to me. This is not the fault of Lamnia or UPS.
If there's a government shut down, who knows how long it'll take.

Ordered knife from them May 1st. Arrived today, May 4th/ via shipping method included in price.

It took 6 weeks to get some axes from Lamnia recently . It was entirely due to the postal services and U.S. customs. There was also some damage. - But Lamnia made it right. I am very pleased with the items I've bought from them and their customer service has been excellent. I recommend them highly.

After my axe didn't arrive after a month in the mail, Lamina refunded my money. Then a week later, the axe arrived. They had me send them a PayPal to refund the refund. All good.
Even in today's fast paced world patience remains a virtue. Glad this all worked out for both parties.

Back