Anyone own a Klein tripsaver multiplier ?

Hickory n steel

Gold Member
I've never seen one in person, but being American made by Klein interests me.
I'm pretty sure they're not cheap, but I'm just curious if anyone here owns one.

I don't own one. I had to Google it, it looks inferior to a Leatherman. Leatherman tools are really hard to beat. I like them for fishing and weekend type stuff. I keep them in my vehicles.

I don't wear one to work, because they have zero insulation, and I know I'll eventually electrocute myself.

I carry separate Klein linesman, strippers, and side cutters, and 6 inch channel locks. Real Klein tools are great, the multitool looks cheap.

I don't own one. I had to Google it, it looks inferior to a Leatherman. Leatherman tools are really hard to beat. I like them for fishing and weekend type stuff. I keep them in my vehicles.

I don't wear one to work, because they have zero insulation, and I know I'll eventually electrocute myself.

I carry separate Klein linesman, strippers, and side cutters, and 6 inch channel locks. Real Klein tools are great, the multitool looks cheap.
Of course Leatherman is the best and I'll probably never buy another brand, but the Klein doesn't look cheap to me and I'm just curious about it.
If nobody here own one I guess I'll never know because it does seem overpriced.

It does look cheap, but I took a look at an on line photo, and on the handle it says "Made in USA." It seems to be specialized for electricians. It doesn't really appeal to me. I'll stick to Leatherman.

It appears to be made by Kutmaster as is their Tl-29 pattern electricians knife.
It's really just a kutmaster Multimaster with different blades, however it's still MADE IN USA according to Klein while the kutmasters got outsourced overseas until being discontinued.
Now the Multimaster looks decent and I especially like the looks of it's file, but it's discontinued and it's non folding design is probably not something I'd carry even if they were still available and MADE IN USA.

I was just curious as I had never heard of it or seen one before.
I don't plan on ever giving up my leatherman Fuse unless i come across a good condition Blast for dirt cheap that is.
But I'd only give it up for a blast if at all, and i just won't do one that's not in the classic slim rectangular profile.

Last edited:
I picked one up years ago at a pawn shop for $20.00. I collect multitools and was very intrigued by this one. I liked it's different design. It does not seem very versatile outside of a work environment. It looks very unique in my collections. I believe a leatherman PST would carry better and serve you more at a job site. I imagined it would be carried by a noob who was showing off his expensive Klien Tool. The pliers seem strong. Wait I will drag it out and see if I can post a pick.

I can't say much about the specific Klien version of this tool, but about a decade or so ago I scored a bunch of the Utica Kutmaster Multimasters for a good price, and carried one briefly before I gave them all away to my student workers. The quality was OK but the ergonomics left a bit to be desired. The tip of the pliers is in your palm if you are bearing down on the screwdriver, the short driver bits won't get to a screw down in a hole. The blade "lock" is the rectangular bit on the side of the plier handle, it fits into the notches in the sides of the blade tangs. So you have to keep a firm grip on the handle when using the file or saw, etc.

I gladly went back to the Leatherman Supertool I was carrying at the time.

A8D4C903-40AD-4524-B9D6-4B6D4CC5A328_zpsfxeldzmq.jpeg
[/URL][/IMG]
I hope this works.

Ouch for that price I would buy a leatherman!
I don't think anything compares to Leatherman, but the quality could be as good.
It's probably not as good though, now if Klein was forging the plier jaws themselves then I may thik it was worth it.
I guess that's why very few own them.

Klein used to only sell very high quality tools made in the USA. Unfortunately that is no longer the case. Today they are simply selling you their name at an absurd markup (like so many old American names are doing now). About the only tools Klein sells today that I would buy are their pliers and wirecutters and in the end they are not that much better than their competition. Just higher priced. Look at Gerber's offerings.

Back