Anyone own a Serrated ARK?

So I have been wearing an ARK for a little while for me it is simply having a means of cutting something however unlikely while swimming which I do pretty regularly showering or otherwise naked not mention it's an effortless way to carry another spydie

So having a "completely rust proof steel" is a huge factor for me and I do like the little retention tab thingy, that said I under estimated just how quickly this thing would dull I had a knife that got duller from its sheath before but it was nothing like this

I know that the H1 steel will still dull on the serrated version but to me a serrated blade just stays usable longer all things being equal and alot of the cutting surface won't contact the sheath

So really just wondering if anyone had one and how they feel about it

Lc200n ARK would be massively appreciated lol

I own a ARK and it is not a primary cutting tool.
Read up on why it was designed. It is a Get off me knife.

For swimming and such, I have an Atlantic Salt.

My personal opinion is that I would always go for the serrated edge. And they always cut better after they've been sharpened a couple of times on a Sharpmaker.

sal

My personal opinion is that I would always go for the serrated edge. And they always cut better after they've been sharpened a couple of times on a Sharpmaker.

sal

Yeah I have it now and I think it will be a better fit for me

I will touch it up soon for sure it didn't come in quite as sharp as my serrated shaman or endura but still pretty good

I own a ARK and it is not a primary cutting tool.
Read up on why it was designed. It is a Get off me knife.

For swimming and such, I have an Atlantic Salt.

Yeah I seen how it had so.ething to do with shower defence for the military and yeah IF I was ever attacked while showering (despite how unpleasant I look naked) or while I was swimming I would certainly attempt to use it

Also debating on getting a Caribbean that I can also swim with just cant decide on with blade type to get for the life of me

Thanks guys

I think the Carib would be a boat anchor while simply swimming. The serrated ARK or a Dragonfly hawksbill would be just right.

sal
Interesting coming from the main man :D Myself I like the best of both worlds ( SE & PE). And with Spyderco's newer Military models in the upper tier blade steels it makes that possible to the max. I would love to see at least one Spyderco model in SE in the XHP blade steel>> and the ARK might be a great model to try it on IMO.

^^^Personally if there is going to be a new steel for the ARK then lc200n still gets my vote ...... especially if it had a teeny tiny yojimbo like blade

I think the Carib would be a boat anchor while simply swimming. The serrated ARK or a Dragonfly hawksbill would be just right.

I have it in hand now (PE sheep foot) and it is way lighter then I thought it would be

^^^Personally if there is going to be a new steel for the ARK then lc200n still gets my vote ...... especially if it had a teeny tiny yojimbo like blade

I have it in hand now (PE sheep foot) and it is way lighter then I thought it would be
It’s like people who buy the steel 45 acp handgun. They love to talk it up, but usually leave it at home in favor of a small 38 because of actual size and weight. The Dragonfly hawksbill gets my vote.

Back