Recommendation? Anyone own an Impinda?

So those of you that own the Impinda, do you like it and would you recommend it? I have heard nothing but good things about it so far, but I figured this was the best place to get info on it.

I love mine. I had someone proxy it for me from the show when it came out and never regretted the extra price for a second. I have carried it quite a bit and it has some scuffs. Currently it has some paint on it that I need to clean off. I have never disassembled it as there is no need to. It was even advised against it when it came out. But you know how people have to tinker. It’s a great mid sized knife that fills the gap between the small and large sebenza. It snaps open positively and stays open until it’s time to close. I haven’t had as many slipjoints as some others, but have had quite a few and it’s hands down the safest slipjoint I have ever used. It’s a slip joint with CRK quality and Harsey design. Two perfect world in one blade. What more could you ask for. I will buy another eventually just to have a backup, that’s how much I like it. I am hoping to see some CGG/UG versions in the future as I would definitely jump on those.

1B04E9A5-BDC8-479D-BE5E-6DD19F47AE7C.jpeg

I have one, and I love it. I ordered mine direct the day it was officially announced and was pleased to receive it in November, a little sooner than expected. Build quality is perfect - smooth to open and close (I usually just pinch the blade to open, rather than using the nail nick), perfectly centered blade, and the spring is flush. It’s very comfortable in hand. I was happy to find too that it came exceptionally sharp out of the box. This has been the case with the last two CR knives I bought (Impinda and an Mnandi) - seems like an area the company has successfully made an effort to improve upon.

I currently live in Europe, and will relocate to NYC next year, so a non-locking knife is a must for me. I wrote to CRK in 2016 and suggested they make a non-locking knife; was thrilled that they finally chose to do so. I’d really hope they might decide to make an Impinda “junior” next, 3.5” or less closed, with inlays. For those of us who live in areas with restrictive laws, or who just want an easy to carry, office-friendly pocket knife ... it would be a dream come true.

Cheers,
Garrett

I have one that I ordered on day one and also received it in November. The build quality is stellar along with the typical CRK materials. I have not carried it because it's heavier than what I prefer for corporate office EDC (Mnandi fills that), but otherwise find it a classy and not to be mistaken CRK blade. The size is good, but something a little smaller would be perfect for a slip joint.

The action was rather gritty and I chose not to mess with that. I suspect it's a simple matter of usage to break that in to a smooth surface on the tang and spring.

Here's some pics- you may see some interesting features not normally shown on retailer web pages:
https://www.flickr.com/gp/wavicleworks/E23Aj1

As for a recommendation: Buy it if you can find it.

45926880422_d323c2e885_b.jpg

Last edited:
I've wound up with three. They are really nice. The blade shape is super useful for me. I would recommend it highly, especially once supply catches up with demand and the secondary market cools down a little bit.

IMG_0333%20(1).jpg

I have one, and love it. Mine isn't used, but the quality is obvious.

UG_Impinda-Stone-2.jpg

Last edited:
Reactions: 353
As with grkyle above, I ordered mine the moment it was released, and it’s been with me almost every day since it was delivered in early December:

With some fellow slippies:

I’ll admit to being a bit aprehensive about receiving mine thanks to a certain video review that had some criticisms about the fit/finish and action, but mine is perfectly flush and opens and closes smoothly.

As mentioned already, it’s a perfect melding of two worlds – CRK’s and Harsey’s. I bet that you’ll love it as much as we do.

Regards,
Adam

I love mine. I had someone proxy it for me from the show when it came out and never regretted the extra price for a second. I have carried it quite a bit and it has some scuffs. Currently it has some paint on it that I need to clean off. I have never disassembled it as there is no need to. It was even advised against it when it came out. But you know how people have to tinker. It’s a great mid sized knife that fills the gap between the small and large sebenza. It snaps open positively and stays open until it’s time to close. I haven’t had as many slipjoints as some others, but have had quite a few and it’s hands down the safest slipjoint I have ever used. It’s a slip joint with CRK quality and Harsey design. Two perfect world in one blade. What more could you ask for. I will buy another eventually just to have a backup, that’s how much I like it. I am hoping to see some CGG/UG versions in the future as I would definitely jump on those.

View attachment 1055682[/QUOTE
Thank you so much for the input, I have recently been flip-flopping between the CRK Impinda and a new ADV Pocket Butcher. I have wanted to get more into the traditional side of folding knives for a while now but I was having trouble finding a good starting point. The only traditional folder I currently own is a Benchmade Proper and I have never been a Benchmade fan but thought it would be a good introduction into traditional folders. I know the Impinda is not a necessarily a more modernized traditional folder but I am a pretty big fan of CRK so I defiantly do not mind the price tag. I just cannot seem to decide between the Pocket Butcher or the Impinda

Back