Anyone receive a Dingo?

I agree with Ted as well...I have no problem waiting when I give my money knowing how long I'll be waiting for, but to keep pushing the date back time and time again shows a lack of integrity. It's better to way overshoot an ETA on something than keep undershooting. I agree that they needed to go to the show, but they have a committment to customers who have already paid for knives. In my opinion they have shown a lack of good business tactics...everyone knows there is a waiting game when purchasing custom knives but when I pay in full I expect to receive the knife very soon.

I don't even mind waiting so much as long as we're kept in the loop with what's going on. It's been a while since we've gotten an update. Even just a quick "Hey guys - sorry it's taking so long" would be fine. Not to say that they're not trustworthy, but I just don't like being in the dark when they have my money and I'm empty-handed.

Communication is always a good thing. There is a thread by Dan in the Koster forum posted just today that is all about him trying to sell the surplus bushcraft and Nessies from Blade that they had left over, yet we haven't heard a peep from him over here on the K9 forum.

Dan and Tom make a great product, no question. I think most of the frustration here is from not hearing anything. A little update goes a long way.
Hang in there Dingo lovers, I'm sure things will start moving along soon.

Cheers,
Jon

"Hang in there Dingo lovers, I'm sure things will start moving along soon."

What he said!:thumbup:

JH

Blade show is a huge undertaking and Dan and Tom would have been unprofessional to skip out on it guys.

You're waiting for a knife by two of the greatest guys I know in this business. Cut them some slack.

Dan had to move too. Throw that in also.

I'm really suprised to see this level of impatience. These guys aren't out to screw anybody.

Completely agree. Sorry guys, but Blade is far more important then Dingo's getting finalized in my opinion. Show a little patience sheesh. I have zero issue waiting and the Dingo will be worth the wait. I think Dan and Tom are doing a great job and cranking out great work. You can't rush a good quality product.

If some of you were in such an all fired rush...why didn't you just buy a Cold Steel? ;)

I should point out several of us are also waiting for the Survivor to be completed. Dan will deliver and it will be a great product just like anything else he has produced....

Completely agree. Sorry guys, but Blade is far more important then Dingo's getting finalized in my opinion. Show a little patience sheesh. I have zero issue waiting and the Dingo will be worth the wait. I think Dan and Tom are doing a great job and cranking out great work. You can't rush a good quality product.

If some of you were in such an all fired rush...why didn't you just buy a Cold Steel? ;)

I should point out several of us are also waiting for the Survivor to be completed. Dan will deliver and it will be a great product just like anything else he has produced....

Respectfully, you are missing the point. The quality of what will be delivered has never been mentioned in any of the issues raised. Asking for full payment with a broken promise of shipment (2 different times) is what has my feathers ruffled. Some people have no trouble paying the total cost of a knife upfront. I'm not one of those people. Deposits are fine. When full payment is received, I expect my knife to be in my hands within a reasonable amount of time. That reasonable amount of time has passed.

Nobody is being hostile about any of these issues as they have raised politely in this forum. There has yet to be a response.

Last edited:
Hey guys! Whew it has been a couple of crazy weeks!

I understand how you guys feel, trust me I want these done as fast as any of you. I want them in your hands.

Dan and I just got back from Blade and are pretty tired, but are back in the shop. We were trying to get these all done prior to Blade, but it just didn't happen. I am sorry. We had a bit of bad luck with equipment and were also each trying to finish knives for Blade. We simply ran out of time. I had 100+ plus knives in the works and only took around 40 as there was no time to finish.

This week is a short week due to travel back from Blade, and recovery. With that said we will both be working on the Dingos and are anticipating finishing them this week or first of next.

I would like to apologize again for the delay. The money is sitting in my account and has not been used. If for ANY reason you want a refund simply send me an email with your paypal account info and I will promptly refund your money.

Sorry for the absence from the forums over the last couple of weeks I have been working in the shop and not getting much internet time.

Thanks for your understanding and patience.

Tom Krein

Tom, thanks for the update. Hope you had a good Blade show. I dropped by your table but didn't see you. I did get to speak to Dan and introduce myself. Good luck on finishing the Dingos, we're all anxious to get these puppies and put them to work.

Also, guys please lets keep this civil.

We are in the wrong and we admit it...

Tom

Respectfully, you are missing the point. The quality of what will be delivered has never been mentioned in any of the issues raised. Asking for full payment with a broken promise of shipment (2 different times) is what has my feathers ruffled. Some people have no trouble paying the total cost of a knife upfront. I'm not one of those people. Deposits are fine. When full payment is received, I expect my knife to be in my hands within a reasonable amount of time. That reasonable amount of time has passed.

Nobody is being hostile about any of these issues as they have raised politely in this forum. There has yet to be a response.

Sorry, I saw nothing iron clad or anything representing a promise in any communication Dan or Tom provided. It was a good faith effort on their part. Nothing more. Nothing less. Your personal expectations are exactly that, yours...personally. Will simply agree to disagree.

Tom,

As usual, demonstrating class with apologies for the delay, thanks! Looking forward to receiving the Dingo!

Tom and Dan,

all is well we understand where you are coming from, at least I do. We want these dogs bad, and I am sure once these suckers are in our hands we will quit barking, pictures will flood the K-9 forum and all will be merry, i think most of the flak on here si due to the lack of communication from you guys, I am an avid Kosterite, so i was tracking Dans movement anyhow and knew life was hectin on his end. thanks again for your explanation,

and yes guys lets keep this civil, Tom manned up and gave us a valid explanation, hang in there it will be worth it im sure!!!

Back