Anyone seen a Slik recently?

Looking for a pikal Slik - anyone know how long they've been disco'd for? Handled one?

Thanks

They got discontinued last year, 2017, I think. BladeHQ and Knifecenter still have the tanto Slik, but the pikal was a much rarer animal. I don't recall them even coming onto the Exchange much. Unless Boker does a sprint run, you are going to have to be patient and keep an eye on the usual places for one. If you still want one that small, you might be better off going for a custom from one of the makers here, Nighthaxan does some awesome, affordable small knives. Otherwise you are going to have to take a size bump and go for a Clinch Pick by Shivworks or a Spyderco Reverse or P'Kal. Alternately, repost this question in the General Knife Discussion Forum, but put your flame-proof pants first just in case. You will get more responses that might be useful, but don't take it too hard if the trolls come out as they sometimes do with Boker or specialty knife questions.

BS - Appreciate the response - thanks. I've got a small Nighthaxan, though a Toad, and hadnt thought of the pen knife as a pseudo one, if thats the implication. His Crysknife, ground reverse might be a CP. I own a Reverse, actually lol. I have an Amsler Bottle Tool, and kinda like his designs - dont like the Hurricane Razor -- soooooo thought someone might know of some place the pikal blade version was still about. My googlefu isnt finding anything. GenPop at any board is pretty much the same, good looking on the heads up though. And that said - I'll skip lol

I was actually fiddling with one of his Crysknives when I wrote that. I think if he put that blade shape on the handle of one of his Limecutters and ground the reverse side it would be just about perfect for you. I fired the google at the slik, and the used sites don't have one either. It's a little odd not to find even a hint, but I guess people want to hang onto them. Bastinelli Creations has that blade shape in their wheelhouse, but they don't grind it reverse. I was thinking about emailing Charles about getting a Crysknife with a longer handle, since his pricing is pretty reasonable for the quality--I bet that he could do what you want too. Good luck on the search!

Back