Anyone seen the Huusk knife scam ads ?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Hickory n steel

Gold Member
Keep an eye out folks, there are soon to be people joining here to ask about them.

Just by looking at the knife you can see that it is not forged, it clearly has a stamped " hammered " pattern and a very obvious black painted finish to poorly replicate forging scale.

In their ad plaguing YouTube You can see the cheap faux leather sheath, you can see that the knife being forged in the footage clearly looks nothing like this.
The true high end Japanese knives they show look much higher quality than this piece of junk, and last but not least is the price.
To me it doesn't even seem too good to be true, to me it looks like they're charging $50 for a $15 knife.
They claim a master knife Smith doesn't want to make a profit and is selling for the cost of materials and even willing to discount them for less than what they just said was the cost of materials ?

Maybe I'm giving people too much credit, but this one just seems to have too many obvious red flags for anyone to fall for.

I know I'm a knife nut with at least a little knowledge which has me seeing through all this crap, but I swear this scam seems even more obvious than usual.

Last edited:
It's not a scam if they send you an actual product. It doesn't look like any of the other dozens of cheap kitchen knives that are produced and sold everywhere.
It is still 1000000% a scam because the product is not what they represent it to be, regardless of the fact that you do actually receive it.
They are not made in Japan like they claim they , they are not hand forged by a master smith, literally the only true thing they have said is that it's a knife.

Looking different does not excuse anything.

What was wrong with yours?

To be honest this feels like a GBU thread.
I was not dumb enough to buy one.
I looked online and every review that was legitimate was not favorable.
I found many from review websites that were obviously paid to give good reviews.
And I even found Amazon listings even though they claim it cannot be purchased on Amazon.
What's wrong with noticing an obvious scam and pointing it out ?
Am I supposed to give something like this the benefit of the doubt even though it's clearly not good enough to be sold by ethical means ?

Nothing I guess. But imagine if we all posted a warning about every junk knife we came across for sale on the internet. Lots of free advertising and clicks for them!
Maybe.
I think the warnings would be a good thing though.

Last edited:
Feels like you're presuming something here.
What would that be ?
Do you think theres a chance the knives which are obviously not what they claim could be good knives ?

Are you seriously not skeptical of these knives ?

That ring doesn't look very comfortable. I like the part my finger contacts to be flush with the handle material.

They are a group of drop shippers, this is not the first name they have sold under. They have moved on from Huusk now as well, and have adopted the name Japa Knives. Same thing, buy mass produced poorly made knives from China, ship them to customers, hinting and claiming they are handmade Japanese knives.

It is a scam, and you can buy the same knives on Alibaba for under $10.00 direct from the factory.

They are a group of drop shippers, this is not the first name they have sold under. They have moved on from Huusk now as well, and have adopted the name Japa Knives. Same thing, buy mass produced poorly made knives from China, ship them to customers, hinting and claiming they are handmade Japanese knives.

It is a scam, and you can buy the same knives on Alibaba for under $10.00 direct from the factory.
That is exactly what I assumed.

RE HUUSK Knives....I have seen China duplicate items before. I ordered what I thought was a great deal on a mechanical Razor. It turned out China has exactly duplicated the item down to the packaging...except for the weight.
Re Huusk Knives now. I have taken a close look at Ebay and noticed that the knives are very similar...but not exactly correct with what the Huusk website sells....The markings are about right but different....Whereas the company website offers a very nice looking reasonably priced knife.
I ordered what I thought to be a Case prototype once from Ebay. It has "Wuhan" very faintly marked on the blade about half way up. I got my money back on that one for sure.
So I'm going to check out the factory website ordered Huusk and report back. I'm noticing almost everyone automatically assumes a 'Scam' but I see not one bit of evidence to that effect yet.

RE HUUSK Knives....I have seen China duplicate items before. I ordered what I thought was a great deal on a mechanical Razor. It turned out China has exactly duplicated the item down to the packaging...except for the weight.
Re Huusk Knives now. I have taken a close look at Ebay and noticed that the knives are very similar...but not exactly correct with what the Huusk website sells....The markings are about right but different....Whereas the company website offers a very nice looking reasonably priced knife.
I ordered what I thought to be a Case prototype once from Ebay. It has "Wuhan" very faintly marked on the blade about half way up. I got my money back on that one for sure.
So I'm going to check out the factory website ordered Huusk and report back. I'm noticing almost everyone automatically assumes a 'Scam' but I see not one bit of evidence to that effect yet.
The evidence that they're a scam is the fact that they're not what they claim to be.

I'm not saying you won't order this and receive a knife that you can use to cut things, but that doesn't really make it a non scam.

That " case prototype " was a knife after all an would cut things, but it wasn't what it was represented to be.

Standards and expected accountability should be the same, just because it's not a counterfeit of another knife doesn't mean we shouldn't expect it to be everything it's supposed to.

The evidence that they're a scam is the fact that they're not what they claim to be.

I'm not saying you won't order this and receive a knife that you can use to cut things, but that doesn't really make it a non scam.

That " case prototype " was a knife after all an would cut things, but it wasn't what it was represented to be.

Standards and expected accountability should be the same, just because it's not a counterfeit of another knife doesn't mean we shouldn't expect it to be everything it's supposed to.
I do hear what you are saying....I'd like to see proof they aren't what they claim to be is all....Something is not automatically a scam just because it looks too good....Maybe it's not made by a Jedi Master Blade Smith from the 1600's but it may well be as nice a knife as they illustrate (as in of good quality material and craftsmanship) and Made in Japan...we shall see...I am a knife collector...so I'll be able to spot it if it's off center

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back