Anyone use Drip Drops or Liquid IV?

Monofletch

Basic Member
I am curious if these work better than Gatorade Or Powerade. I am soaked with sweat from 8:30am- 5pm. I drink water..... a lot of water and at least one sports drink to help with cramps at night.
Both Drip Drops and Liquid IV claim they stop cramping and hydrate 3x faster than water. Another plus is way less sugar.
Let me know if you have tried one of these or something else that might help me.
I ordered the Liquid IV already. But I am willing to try anything to stop the cramps at night!

The thing that has helped me most with heat cramps is mustard.
Now that it is hot I will go through a 20oz container easily in the 5 day work week.

I usually get the skinny hard pretzels with it but sometimes I will just have it right out the bottle and wash it down with water.

It works for me.

The thing that has helped me most with heat cramps is mustard.
Now that it is hot I will go through a 20oz container easily in the 5 day work week.

I usually get the skinny hard pretzels with it but sometimes I will just have it right out the bottle and wash it down with water.

It works for me.

just yellow mustard??? Must be all the turmeric.

I haven't tried either of the things you put in your first post. I've heard that cramps can be caused by not having enough potassium. I think bananas are loaded with the stuff.

I think potato chips have a decent amount of potassium in them, too.

Yes. I take extra potassium and vitamins. I drink gallons of water a day... including at least one “sports drink”. I have cut out the energy drinks. My only caffeine is coffee.

I drank one tube in 16 oz. of water. I do feel different. I figured it would just make me pee a lot, but nothing like that at all.

Interesting. If you're drinking gallons of water a day, I wonder if you'd need to up your intake of things even more. I'd imagine that you'd be losing a lot of the things you need through sweating and going to the bathroom.

If I remember correctly from other threads I've seen, you work for the USPS. Is there something special that other people you work with do to prevent cramps? Maybe one of them would know a doctor that could draw up some supplements specific to you that would help?

Today I didn’t drink quite as much as usual. I have a 32 oz Yeti bottle I filled it up 5 times (drank every drop) and had 2-16 oz bottles of Powerade.... When I got home I had 24 oz of water and 16 oz of Liquid IV.

My buddy's been using Pedialyte he swears by it. I believe they also make it in a powder form as well as for adults too.

Pedialyte isn’t much different from Gatorade. The Liquid IV and Drip Drops are suppose to be much better- so they say. I will let you know!

Night 1- no cramps! That’s good!

I use nuun tabs a ton for hot or long (3-5 hour) cycling rides which is an electrolyte only mix. They are much better than only water as water can push out the eletrolytes and mess up your electrolyte balance. I notice this a lot on the harder rides or races, back when I used to race. When I first started training seriously I had a lot of issues getting light-headed when in the shower after a ride and even bringing water bottles into the shower didn't help until I figured out what was going on.

Carbs help too in the athletic events but if it's just the heat and sweating the extra carbs are less necessary. I liked being able to mix up my food with the more basic electrolyte drink using nuun. The saying for many of us that tried the "real food" for workout food was to eat your calories and drink the electrolytes. My biggest problem with things like gatorade and eventually the gels and chews is that they're too sweet and when I'm really tried running on empty they tear up my gut and are almost repulsive in flavor, especially gatorade. I can get by with watered-down gatorade as a cheap drink for training rides but now that I've discovered the nuun tablets I just ride with them if I need more than water.

There is some folklore with the mustard or pickle juice thing that the acid from it helps push off cramps. The idea being that it reduces the lactic acid buildup that causes cramps. I couldn't stomach it myself.

My wife suffers from leg cramps Sometimes at night so bad I have to get her out of bed. Walk her around & give her a Banana ... Take a look at your diet. Lots of fresh greens , Sweet Potatoes & purple Potatoes have important nutrients for your muscles..

My wife suffers from leg cramps Sometimes at night so bad I have to get her out of bed. Walk her around & give her a Banana ... Take a look at your diet. Lots of fresh greens , Sweet Potatoes & purple Potatoes have important nutrients for your muscles..

I was thinking potatoes after I went for a bicycle ride today. I used to carry a lot of baked potatoes and sweet potatoes on the bicycle with just a touch of salt in the tin foil. Good stuff and it's tasty. One of the nutritionists/doctors for a pro bike racing team used to call them power potatoes, but he would do parm cheese in there as well for some protein, since potatoes are packed with easy to access carbs and starches for the body.

The catch with sweet potatoes was they get syrupy and can make a heck of a mess if you don't package them right but regular potatoes did well. I think I did red most of the time like you mentioned as the big Idaho or Russet potatoes ended up a bit dry.

I've been using Nuun tablets after workouts and while working outside on hot days for years. More electrolytes and less sugar than most standard energy drinks, and they're easy to carry around and drop into almost any water bottle. You don't even have to mix them, they just fizz up and mix themselves into the water. They have a few different mixes now, Sport is the basic electrolyte drink, Energy has some caffeine in it, Vitamins has some extra vitamins in it, and the Immunity has some other herbs and antioxidants in it too. I think there are a few other mixes too, but those four are the ones I use regularly.

My wife prefers Drip Drop, it has more sugar in it like gatorade, and it can be very sweet so she usually mixes it with twice the recommended amount of water. She said the Army was giving them gallons of it when they were running around the woods of Kentucky in the middle of August and it did wonders for her.

Congrats on making it one night without the cramps. :thumbsup:

I'll keep all these tips in mind for myself, too.

I was thinking potatoes after I went for a bicycle ride today. I used to carry a lot of baked potatoes and sweet potatoes on the bicycle with just a touch of salt in the tin foil. Good stuff and it's tasty. One of the nutritionists/doctors for a pro bike racing team used to call them power potatoes, but he would do parm cheese in there as well for some protein, since potatoes are packed with easy to access carbs and starches for the body.

The catch with sweet potatoes was they get syrupy and can make a heck of a mess if you don't package them right but regular potatoes did well. I think I did red most of the time like you mentioned as the big Idaho or Russet potatoes ended up a bit dry.
I followed a diet centered on potatoes, low protein, high-carbs (relatively), fruit, veggies.

The recommended drink was H20 with a small dab of OJ and a pinch of salt.

This diet was intended for high performance and elite pro athletes. I’m neither, but it was a very clean diet, no cramps. (I take that back: I was pretty high performance, pro— just not typical athlete.)

I have had no cramps at all since I started using Liquid IV once a day. I’m not sure what is correct but I use it after work or near the end of my work day to replenish what I lost. I am still drinking lots of straight H2O before, during, and after.... so I didn’t change anything except I added LIV.
Excellent product for sure!!!

That's awesome to hear!

It sounds like a good product for sure. How much of the Liquid IV are you taking each day?

Back