Anyone use/love the now ancient Battle Rat?

It has been a while since the Battle Rat was first sold. Curious if anyone still has their blade or has it been sold off? My Basic 9 is still going strong but my Battle Rat is right up there in performance. I just love that blade size and feel that it represents a great survival/camp blade.

2CD8CAEF-B7E1-4FB6-846C-E56971A5A4F8.jpeg

Picked this Grail up from an outstanding forum member , a sentimental piece to say the least.

Used it a little and sent it down to josh @razor-edge-knives. Amazing reprofiling work and a scalpel edge. I’m honestly afraid to use it now.

This is a Rat I’ll probably NEVER part with.

Amazing blades !

Last edited:
Used mine to cut my wedding cupcake, it's been with me on safari in Africa, it's helped with cleaning up the property, it's been carried at work and is my baseline for gauging all my blades over 8". It has definitely earned its place in my collection!
F3P2anL.jpg

0dSIEpU.jpg

NEVLxn5.jpg

WD2uOLm.jpg

Y9EEmnH.jpg

HziULeW.jpg

cgABaf1.jpg

0nFbRey.jpg

I also have a nimble full height grind Satin Battle Rat that Nate acid washed and sharpened for me...
4hCpBIv.jpg

NOTgurh.jpg

So Yeah, I kinda like 'em.;):thumbsup:

Thank you for this thread :) The Battle Rat is by far my favorite of all Bussekin and probably one of the most versatile knives in its class. Light, simple & clean lines, Res-C, and clipped differential SR101; what’s not to like? Differential heat treat matters not for most Rat fanatics, but for any knife over 7” it’s a must for me as I’ve had great results with it. She reminds me of the Swamps version of a SHBM. I’ve definitely clocked the most use-time with my Battle Rats with a Battle Mistress in close second. If there are two knives that I could NEVER part with, they would be the Battle Rat and the Battle Mistress. Just be sure to use her brother! She’ll be depressed sitting in a drawer like these safe queens LOL.

upload_2019-7-3_17-17-38.jpeg

Still one of my more used knives. Always in the truck and gets used a lot. Just trimmed some branches over the weekend with mine.

Garth

Back