Anyone use the Rambo Cart as a Hand Cart?

Macchina

Gold Member
We do an island hunt every couple years which allows 2-wheel carts and involves packing camp in about 10 miles and camp+deer out. I normally use a lightweight deer cart from Cabela's but am looking to upgrade this year.

I was looking for pneumatic tires, aluminum frame, and a fabric suspension on the cargo area. I found these trailers from Rambo designed for both a bike or a hand Cart. Just wondering if anyone has used one:

bike-cart-2.jpg

Those 20" bicycle tire/wheels don't look to be up to much load weight. I would want something with thicker spokes or solid wheels.--imho--KV

Thanks for the reply. The group we hunt with has a spread of 8 different cart cart designs (we all have a different one) the 2 that have bike wheels roll far smoother and better than everyone else's with plastic and solid wheels.

I see where you're coming from but all the reviews I read are of guys towing them behind electric bikes which do 20 MPH and the cart is rated for 300 lbs...

Last edited:
I've seen those bike wheels collapse sideways under too much load. I had a canoe cart that had them and we tried to use it with a loaded canoe. Bad idea. We had obviously exceeded the limit on what were basically 20" bike wheels. Maybe the ones on your cart are built for more load. I wouldn't exceed the 300 lbs.--KV

Don't know if your set in stone on the pneumatic tires. But depending on the terrain you could check out the hawk crawler game cart for another idea.

There are 2 different 20 inch bicycle wheels the ones made for kids bikes and the ones made for recumbent bikes. The ones designed for recumbent bikes are designed for higher speeds and adult weights .

No question that the bike tired ones would roll easier. It is a question of load for the most part.

Have you considered one of the high end wagons with the aired tires? Might not roll well over really rough terrain. It really depends on the terrain you have to pull the thing over to get to your camp site.

I have one of the Cabela's steel framed deer cars with the solid rubber tires. It has worked well for deer, but I have never had to pull it 10 miles either.

I got the cart last month and is extremely nice! It should work perfectly for my trip! The capacity (of the cart and wheels) is 400 pounds when used as a hand cart! Should work great for me 80-100 pound load in and my hopeful 250 pound load out!

The thing is all aluminum and TIG welded expertly. The wheels are really nice and heavy duty with quick release axles. Super Lightweight for what it is. Overall I'm extremely pleased!

IMG_20190225_173940048-3072x2304.jpg

Back