Anyone waiting for the Gerber Downrange Hawk?

CJZ

I cant wait, it looks to be a great addition to a future collection. Hopefully Gerber will use their brains and not put the "credentials required" label.

Being stainless it might make a good tool for a trunk kit. I've been happy with Buck's 420HC, in folders... I'd give it a try for under $50 US, but I don't see that as likely.

ETA: it looks a lot like the WKII rescue tool, or whatever it's called. Not a copy, but I suspect enspired by a great design.

The Gerber website describes the handle scales as "G-10 injection molded" WTF does that mean? Do they even know what G-10 is?

FYI, according to Soldier Systems the entire "Downrange" line will be American made. That's something,IMO.

Now now, Gerber gets a bad rep for their steel, I am aware, but lets get real here: they do have a few qulaity products (MKII, LMFII)

It hasn't been released but it already has three (or four) 5-Star reviews on Gerber's website.

The Gerber website describes the handle scales as "G-10 injection molded" WTF does that mean? Do they even know what G-10 is?

sounds like grivory.

@duzzy its because people are stupid. They all just say "cant wait, looks awesome"

@duzzy its because people are stupid. They all just say "cant wait, looks awesome"

Oh, I get that. I guess I was confused by the fact that they are allowing reviews on a product that has not yet been released. I suppose I wasn't very clear about that.

Oh, I get that. I guess I was confused by the fact that they are allowing reviews on a product that has not yet been released. I suppose I wasn't very clear about that.
Cant tell if youre being sarcastic, pretty sure you are, I was just trying to make conversation

It's probably just a default setting that no one turned off

Duzzy they weren't reviews, just people asking about the release date.

I'm very aware that people aren't actually typing "reviews" (it would be very hard for the average person to type a real review of a product that is not on the market yet); however the comments are not under a "Comments" heading they are under a "Reviews" heading. My original post was merely commentary on how odd that is; even if it is simply the result of a generic template being cut and pasted.

The "reviews" also have stars, mostly 5 stars, must be that good.

Back