Anyone want a grinder frame?

A.McPherson

Knifemaker / Craftsman / Service Provider
Hey folks, anyone want a free grinder frame?
I made it a few years back and it works fairly well, I recently upgraded to a Reeder, and I don't have the space for two grinders.

It's just the frame, with a gas tensioning strut and tracking device. I'll post pics later. It's made of 2" thick walled steel tubing, welded together and to a 1/4 steel plate so it's pretty heavy.

If you live out in west Texas, want to pick it up, or want to pay shipping, it's yours!

Heck if you live between Terlingua and College Station I'll drop it off on Sunday 8/1/21 if you want it!!

EG0tuP8.jpg

Forgot to mention, it's got a Nathan the Machinist "c" plate and a glass platten that goes with it.

Last edited:
That is a great offer. I hope an aspiring knife maker can take advantage of this. If it is the grinder I am thinking of (the DIY BG 272), it's a great system for new makers.

I have had mine for almost 3 years, and it is still running strong (but with a few upgrades ;)).

I've also got a railroad track anvil if anyone wants it... Same deal!
I'm driving from my house out here near Terlingua on Sunday and going to college station. If you want either or both, let me know by Saturday, or they are going in the recycle bin!
srKbVAA.jpg

Last edited:
That's an incredible grinder to give away. If I didn't live 3 hours from college station, I'd take it just to keep it from getting thrown out 🤣

Three hours which way?
If you live in San Antonio or Austin, I could go through either of them with no problem!

Way north, my friend. Parker County. About 60 miles west of Dallas. I appreciate the thought, though. I'd love to see a new maker claim it, as I also don't have much room for 2 grinders :)

Hey folks, anyone want a free grinder frame?
I made it a few years back and it works fairly well, I recently upgraded to a Reeder, and I don't have the space for two grinders.

It's just the frame, with a gas tensioning strut and tracking device. I'll post pics later. It's made of 2" thick walled steel tubing, welded together and to a 1/4 steel plate so it's pretty heavy.

If you live out in west Texas, want to pick it up, or want to pay shipping, it's yours!

Heck if you live between Terlingua and College Station I'll drop it off on Sunday 8/1/21 if you want it!!

EG0tuP8.jpg

Forgot to mention, it's got a Nathan the Machinist "c" plate and a glass platten that goes with it.
Would you be able to figure out shipping on it to northern Kentucky, zip code 41018. I’d hate to see the frame get tossed and I could probably finish it up and start using it for classes or donate it to a friends shop that is setup as a non profit for veterans classes.

The shipping cost may save the United States Postal Service as we know it 😁

In all seriousness though, that would be a great use for it. Hopefully you can get it worked out!

Would you be able to figure out shipping on it to northern Kentucky, zip code 41018. I’d hate to see the frame get tossed and I could probably finish it up and start using it for classes or donate it to a friends shop that is setup as a non profit for veterans classes.
Sure thing! It'll probably be spendy, but I can put in the leg work. I'm leaving for a month today, so I won't be able to get it shipped for a while...

Sure thing! It'll probably be spendy, but I can put in the leg work. I'm leaving for a month today, so I won't be able to get it shipped for a while...
No rush, I just would hate to see it go to waste. When you get back and have the time just send me a message.

I can think of no better home, thank you for thinking of those of us who are vets.

Back