Anything a Delica can do. The Endura does better !

OK THIS WAS MEANT TO BE FUNNY !! PLEASE DONT FLAME ME !!

I actually just traded two Delica4s for two Endura4s.
CD

And I could argue that anything an Endura can do a Delica can do just as well while being lighter and smaller. I love both knives though.

Ha! I know a couple of folks who prefer larger folding knives who'd agree. I am not one. :p What the Endura *doesn't* do better is fit in my hand. I can allllmost two hand grip it like a sword. Well, more like one and a half grip, but clearly it's much too big. *nods* ;) :D

EE9CBC76-4B1C-4A91-AAB0-212FE9447225_zpswvdseppx.jpg

Well, the Endura cannot be legally carried in many cities.

A Delica is just a baby Endura that hasn't grown up yet. It started out life as a teensy tiny dragonfly.

And before that, it was a Ladybug! And the Endura is one of my favorite knives of all time.

the Dragonfly is the great grandfather of many finger-choil designs. I needed a design in size between the Delica and the Ladybug. I was having a hard time with insufficient purchase of the handle for control and safety. I first learned of "Finger choils" from a design by Moki Sakurai that he made for Kershaw many years ago. It seemed to me to be the best way to solve the ergo problem of purchase. "Old many Moki" was a great designer and a great knife-maker. I worked with the father and the sons (Hiroyoki & Satoru). Now Eric is working with the grandson (Teppei).

We've created many finger choil designs since the D'fly, but that's where it began for us.

Just some history to share.

sal

the Dragonfly is the great grandfather of many finger-choil designs. I needed a design in size between the Delica and the Ladybug. I was having a hard time with insufficient purchase of the handle for control and safety. I first learned of "Finger choils" from a design by Moki Sakurai that he made for Kershaw many years ago. It seemed to me to be the best way to solve the ergo problem of purchase. "Old many Moki" was a great designer and a great knife-maker. I worked with the father and the sons (Hiroyoki & Satoru). Now Eric is working with the grandson (Teppei).

We've created many finger choil designs since the D'fly, but that's where it began for us.

sal

Thank you very much for sharing that with us. Glad you made that discovery. Finger choils have become a necessity on almost any knife I carry.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

sal

So cool. Love the generation spanning relationship between cutlers from across the globe!

I love spyderco finger choils! And I like the endura over the Delica also.

Thanks, Sal! I like knife history.
I just recently learned to appreciate the finger choil.
rolf

I prefer the Endura over the Delica. It's one of my favorite Spyderco designs.

With my usage, there's very little a 4" blade can do better than a 3. There's a lot a 3 can do better than a 4.

I agree, Delica is too small for me. I never carry anything smaller than PM2 as primary knife and sometimes a Dfly as second knife. If you can legally carry something larger than Delica, why not do it.

Back