Anything Goes - all discussion allowed.

Status
Not open for further replies.
lol, that is funny. i carry the honeybee on campus, if i scared anyone they shouldnt be out in public :D

Hehe ... some people freak out at the mere sharpess of something ... and the honey bee is a mean slicer ... you cannot ask my kiwi any more ... it got sliced up by the honey bee :D

I'm still not sure what this "emo" thing is but 80's music was the best! 80s generation rock is likely the last of the dying breed of musicians that have careers spanning generations and that you can grow up with. The whole music industry has changed where most "artists" if you can call the current generation, drop a few singles, market them like mad, make their $$ then they're gone. Most of them rely on technology to make them sound like they can sing.

Look at acts like T-Pain who relies on a Voice Box for nearly all his vocals. Every other hip hop artist is using it now. Heck, I could probably lock my neighbor's dog in a room with a mic and voicebox, mix it down with a beat and have a hit!

After bands like U2, Aerosmith, Iron Maiden, Scorpions, Metallica, Judas Priest, Bon Jovi, Motley Crue, Def Leppard, etc are gone I doubt we'll see many long lasting bands around.

The current "metal" is Rap/hip hop. They are the money makers now but so many of them are trying to live up to the "gangsta/thug" image that they're dead or in jail before long. While I like hip hop music it's still sad to see that these are the role models of the current generation. The guys want to look like 50 Cent or Eminem and the girls want to look like music video hoochies. Pretty sad where we're going.

Rant mode off.

Oh, and A Flock of Seagulls - Space Age Lovesong was a cool track!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zHjtij5vZfA

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back