Anything goes, part deux..... The stoopid continues.

Status
Not open for further replies.
I just sharpened and then shaved with my RC-5 snip all yall who say that it can't cut. I love it so much. It just needs a friend...like an Izula folder...

But ya it maybe could have been just a hair thinner in thickness...

Last edited by a moderator:
Haven't been on the forum near enough this weekend. Wife and I adopted this little terror on Friday. He was one of 8 10 week old puppies that had been abandoned. He's a sweet little turd when he's asleep or riding on the console. He's teaching me patience at least. :D

Hi everyone, my name is Moose.

mjxrgj.jpg

Adam he's so cute! Hide your shoes! lol

Thanks! Moose said thanks, but don't let my looks fool ya, I'm gonna be a duck killer!

The Mrs. has moved half her decor to the spare bedroom to keep curious teeth off it. The floor is nice and clean but we're now running out of counter space to keep things out of reach, lol.

Thanks! Moose said thanks, but don't let my looks fool ya, I'm gonna be a duck killer!

The Mrs. has moved half her decor to the spare bedroom to keep curious teeth off it. The floor is nice and clean but we're now running out of counter space to keep things out of reach, lol.

i so DONT miss the "puppy stage" of my dogs. lol.
worst one was our oldest one. we would move everything up you would think he would get into. but for some reason, he LOVED shredding newspapers, magazines, or any paper products he could find. but he would leave all shoes alone except Flipflops

last pup i had was a waist-high rott mix. no such thing as out of reach. he chewed up the composite handle of my blackjack quick(?) and somehow ignored the tasty leather sheath... rearranged the furniture every chance he got. only dog we have right now is a cocker spaniel, she was 3 when we got her, and already trained. the cats beat her up.

adam-

beautiful dog man. i adopted my first pup from the shelter around my way. i got REALLY lucky, because he's awesome. consequently, he was born 2 about days after one of my best bud's passed away so me and the wife decided "baby jake" aka bj would be a fitting name. half pit half jack russell mix.

2zs7aj7.jpg

little bastard almost chewed up my favorite jordans before i found him. other than occasionally chewing on stuff he shouldn't be, he's well trained for a rescue dog.

i don't care what skeptics say, i'm sure of the fact that dogs can form a deep psychological bond with their owners for reasons other than being a food and shelter source.

Awww. I agree. A dog should be part of your pack, it should feel like it is part of the family and that it wants to take care of you like you take care of it.

Moose was a holy terror last night. He didn't want to be in his crate and whined and whined. Trying to work on seperation now, he's become very attached as most puppies do. He's been a great "potty boy" knock on wood. As soon as he gets outside, he's to his spot to lay some cable. Has no interest in chasing other dogs or barking at others.

Main complaints so far are his trying to lick his incision from being fixed, play chewing and the whining in his crate. In due time he will be a good little woods companion I hope. Waiting for his incision to heal so dad can take him swimming. :D

Nice dogs guys.
Our dog is a icelandic sheepdog. She's 15 now and get real old now. Deaf, getting a bit blind, trouble walking after being hit by a car 12 yrs ago which is getting worse.
Dogs are great loyal companions. I trust the dog more than most of the people i come a cross.

Adam - if you have a dirty/grungy t-shirt to spare, toss it in the crate with him. your smell on the shirt may help him with the separation thing. Another trick is to put an analog clock on top of the crate/kennel - the ticking sounds sort of like a heartbeat and again, helps with the anxiety on some pups. (I did both of these with the Aussie Shepherd my wife got from a shelter last summer)

Puppies are great. Training is a good thing, both for bonding and long term happiness. Get into a class, or read up and spend at least an hour or so a day, and a few hours on the weekends. I've had big dogs all my life, and the counter trick only works for so long. Nothing like seeing a saint or newfie walk over and devour something without even lifting a paw off the ground.

Great tips guys. I've been doing a lot of reading over the last year or so in preparation for getting our first dog of our own. Wife was home with him today and just let him do his own thing a bit, which he did. I'll be around tomorrow and will let him have some time to himself as well.

Seems he's having a good day today. Not chewing and played in his crate some on his own free will. He's a pretty good little boy so far for only being his 4th day in his new home.

dogs are good hiking companions. put a vest on him and make him haul your water supply. can be a good food source too in case of emergency :eek::D

i went to campmor today to buy something and i noticed an orange bandana, 100% cotton, for $1.50. why not? took it out of the bag just now and it says...made in the u.s.a. :eek: might have to go back there soon and pick up a few more.

Lol, JV3, I was at Wal-Mart the other day and they had sleeping bags....gasp...Made in USA! Surely not!

you know, i read the description on his book and got curious as to why he thought lean-to shelters were largely a waste of time. definitely considering picking it up for some new reading material.

les is the real deal but he does sound a little douchey at times when he's hungry as hell. then again, i'd probably be the same.

you know, i read the description on his book and got curious as to why he thought lean-to shelters were largely a waste of time. definitely considering picking it up for some new reading material.

les is the real deal but he does sound a little douchey at times when he's hungry as hell. then again, i'd probably be the same.

Les' book is pretty good, not a Tom Brown, but pretty good.

Nice pics of the pups. Ill post my trouble maker when I get to a computer

Its been a while guys got my crackberry back!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back