April 2021 BOTM - 104 Compadre with 3V steel

I would likely have taken the plunge, if it had

I don't blame you, the SKBlades sheath is functional and beautiful. The leatherworker did a stupendous job. The SKBlades version is a bit more expensive though, even at it's current closeout sale price.

3v....... gotta have it.
wait, I don't even carve marshmallow sticks...................

oh well. lol

I'm gonna use it to baton through an anvil or something.

I was trying to ignore this one being that I have the SKBlades and the October 2020 BOTM 104's... but I just couldn't manage it after reading what's being said about the 3V steel.

I just may end up performing transplant surgery and outfit this knife with the sheath and micarta from the SKBlades knife... we shall see.

Just 100 left.

Last edited:
I am interested in the steel, but I just can't justify it at this time:
vVDuKTP.jpg
uQSQ7qu.jpg

I was holding off until my tax accountant called and said I have a nice tax return coming. Oh what the heck, if I didn’t get one I’d be kicking myself after they were gone. It will be fun to see which performs better, the sk D2 104 or the 3V 104. I doubt I’ll wear either one of them out or any kind of damage. Lol

I am interested in the steel, but I just can't justify it at this time:

Damnit! Time to eat crow. The last thing I really needed is another knife. Additionally, if I was to buy a knife, the last one I needed is another 104 Compadre. And yet here I am. One Compadre 3V steel on order!

The good news is I get to figure out another lanyard for this one and do another photoshoot.....

[Side note: in the past I have been able to see how many were left. However, the last few BOMs I have not been able to see. I am using Chrome if that matters.]

Last edited:
Damnit! Time to eat crow. The last thing I really needed is a knife. Additionally, if I was to buy a knife, the last one I needed is another 104 Compadre. And yet here I am. One Compadre 3V steel on order!

The good news is I get to figure out another lanyard for this one and do another photoshoot.....

[Side note: in the past I have been able to see how many were left. However, the last few BOMs I have not been able to see. I am using Chrome if that matters.]

Ha!

Good man. Worse comes to worst and I'm sure Jeff will take the original 104 off your hands, lol.

I think that is why I just pulled the trigger on this one - I would be searching for it on the interwebs down the road.

YES!

I made that mistake with last month's Buck 117. My son was supposed to be born in April, so I was gonna grab this month's to commemorate it... And then he was born two weeks early in March by emergency c-section (three days after my birthday!). So here I am checking the forums every day so I can pay a stupid price for one, lol.

Back