April 2021 BOTM - 104 Compadre with 3V steel

Did you receive an email stating that it was shipped or did it just show up? So far I have not received an email with the tracking number, I usually get one within a day or two at the latest.

Can't wait until it gets here (not that i'll ever get to touch it for long, lol), I should have a nice pic for the Buck-n-guns thread, wife's purse gun is a S&W custom shop 637 with beautiful rose-colored wood grips, looks like it may be close to the same color as the 104 scales, at least in the same family and make for a very cool pic.

Yes, my wife likes guns too, i'm the luckiest guy on the planet. :)

Thanks for this!

Is the texture the same? It almost looks as if they blasted the red Micarta a bit more than the brown Micarta. As far as the grind goes, it kind of looks like they tried to make it less of a recurve or something. Interesting.

That decides it for me though... I'm either going to swap the brown Micarta handles off of one of the SKBlades 104's before I sell it, or I'm going to use some black dye on the red Micarta scales. I'm leaning towards dying the scales black.

Thanks for this!

Is the texture the same? It almost looks as if they blasted the red Micarta a bit more than the brown Micarta. As far as the grind goes, it kind of looks like they tried to make it less of a recurve or something. Interesting.

That decides it for me though... I'm either going to swap the brown Micarta handles off of one of the SKBlades 104's before I sell it, or I'm going to use some black dye on the red Micarta scales. I'm leaning towards dying the scales black.
Red scales are almost smooth.

Excellent results. In the excitement and the rush of the crowd on Tuesday I bought a second one before I went to bed, with the half-baked idea of giving one to my brother on his birthday. hmmm... now I think I'll dye one and keep it, and buy my bro a card instead.

I see what you mean. Thanks for the heads up! Will definitely do a "feasibility study" before I rush it out to the tool bench. (anyone know, does Buck use threadlocker on those?)

Back