Off-Topic April is almost here!

Spring Turkey Season starts Saturday. The rain and thunderstorms are forecast to start Friday and continue for several days. Not great for hunting turkey but hopefully good for hunting morels.

I never did put the snow blower away until the last day of May up there! Never seen to fail, when I got the snow blower ready to be put up for summer before that, we would get a big snow storm! I hated that! LOL! Really glad to be out of that!

Our morel harvest for April was a good bit below average but we definitely made up for that yesterday. One of the best days we've had in a few years. We had a great family day with Thomas picking his share.

Instant grits are a good way to get rid of ants, too, and typically much cheaper than chemicals. The ants bring it back to the nest, they all eat it, and then it expands inside of them, killing them. Safe for pets and kids, too.

Wow, never heard of that one but, it sounds good to me! I betcha most of the people in Florida have never heard of that one! I'll have the woman pick up some instant grits on grocery day! We have those things all over our place! There were two of three times I ended up walking into nests of those things while we were in Puerto Rico! Depending on the situation, you can't always see them! There's not many people here that know what a grit is! Their all from that northeast, and upper tier! You ask them for grits, they want to give you cream-of-wheat! Thanks Bud!

Wow, never heard of that one but, it sounds good to me! I betcha most of the people in Florida have never heard of that one! I'll have the woman pick up some instant grits on grocery day! We have those things all over our place! There were two of three times I ended up walking into nests of those things while we were in Puerto Rico! Depending on the situation, you can't always see them! There's not many people here that know what a grit is! Their all from that northeast, and upper tier! You ask them for grits, they want to give you cream-of-wheat! Thanks Bud!
Cool idea, but would that get the whole nest or just delay the return of the ants?

I'm sure ants will return! Those nests are probably so deep, some of those ants never see the light of day! I wonder though, the next time it rains after you've spread the grits, are you going to end up with grits? I'm only kidding! LOL! No good human would ever want to eat instant grits! There are only one kind of grits to eat, and that is regular long cook grits! Ha!Ha! Take care!

My son had an issue with ants at his home. I told him about the instant grits. Not sure how to describe the look he gave me but it was not confident or trusting.

Back