AR Photos. A closer study. (warning: 34 images)

Here is my share of photos of my new AR from Mike @ Badassknives. Please accept my apologies for this particular thread being so large. I hope you like the photos. I've always searched for some good AR photos that covered every nook and cranny at various angles but couldn't find any so I figured I'd make one for everyone. These photos were originally larger and had better quality but I reduced it's overall size to show all images and minimize an already long download. I guess it's a good compromise.

Shelby Chan

fe1993f0.jpg.orig.jpg

fe1993ec.jpg.orig.jpg

fe1993c4.jpg.orig.jpg

Next to Benchmade Stryker for size comparison:

fe1993c2.jpg.orig.jpg

fe1993c1.jpg.orig.jpg

S!it! where's my credit card... :eek:

Excellent photos, thanks a lot for sharing.
Is that a new type of thumbstud i'm seeing??

Really great pics man, thanks a bunch and congratulations..
I'm confused though, I thought the notch in the locking liner faced the blade nowadays?

Christiaan

Your Photos are very well done! I have been undecided on getting an AR or not. I for sure want one NOW!
Mick & Dwayne will love these

Do you have any photos of the EB-LT Model I'd be interested in seeing those.
Thanks for posting photos
J

AluminumOvercas - Your pictures are outstanding!

After looking at your pics, I was wondering what that brownish looking substance at the end of the lock liner is. I have it on mine and didn't know what it is. I know it's not rust becuse the liners are Ti?

Also, how far does your lock liner engage? I can't tell from you pictures but mine engages about half the width of the liner.

S.

There are very few knives made today by anyone that could survive that level of scrutiny. Amazing workmanship!

SideWinder,

Mine engages a little more than half. About 3/4. Re: Brown substance. I don't know what that is either. I have seen it on other Strider ARs. At first I thought it was something from being treated from heat. But I am not sure. Maybe Mick can confirm.

Shelby

Strider 4112,

I don't have any other knives other than the WB and the pictured AR. I wish I did but I think for now, these two will do:) If I can ever get my hands on EB-LT then I'll be sure to take photos.

Shelby

Wow! This gives me the desire to take photos. Excellent job!

I have never handled an AR, and didn't realize how massive and complex the pivot pin is. The "Strider Knives" on the pivot head is a really nice touch. Thanks a lot, I have never seen an AR with this much accuracy, a lot of questions have just been answered for many of us.

Wire Edge,

Thanks man!

It was one of my goals to show all of us Strider fiends some photos I thought was needed for non-AR owners to view in order to get a better understanding of the quality of this knife. I am glad it was able to answer your questions. The only next step is getting it to your house! :)

Take Care,
Shelby

Fire Horse,

Thanks as well:)

I think my next Strider will either be a BT with spine serrations, a GB, or if my Christmas bonus is potent enough, a SEAL2001 (unmarked) if it were available. For now, I am extremely happy with the WB and AR. What about you?

Shelby

Shelby,

The Seal2001 is probably my next Strider. I'm not sure about the Strider AR . I tried to order the AR from Strider but the letter & check got lost in the mail. I should have drove to Oceanside to place the order. Never got back to trying to re-order the AR again. For now it's just the MSC & WB in my hands. I'm waiting for my Xmas presents to arrived: Busse custom Flying Tiger, Hossom Fighter, & Patton Grande.

Hey there guys.
You think YOUR frustrated about not having your knife.
These things are killing me. We are just about on it though.
I am focusing most of my attention to getting these folders moving.

Okay...
Dark color on liner is caused by heat treatment. I kind of like the way it looks. So we leave it on.
I try to set the liners to engage at least half way. This is more than enough to hold. If you think about it, most liners are about half of ours. This way, when your knife breaks in, it will be fully engaged. If you think it needs more, slam it open a few times.

Gotta go

Mick

I am a little jealous. I can see a few changes between my AR 065 and your AR 083. I like your rounded handle edges (guess I will have to get out the sand paper and do a little sanding, beveled blade notches, and opening stud on both sides. But I agree with everyone else, it is a great knife.

Wow, great Pics!! You really captured the massiveness of this great knife! Thanks again!

Back