AR15 anyone?

Esee of the AR world.... Wow that is a tough one. From what I have seen here Jeff has a very unique way of doing business... actually he does business the way he seems to be as a person which is the reason I now buy ESEE products. I am a member over at AR15.com. Over there companies gather a following and some people can get down right crazy with the Kool-aid. I have personally talked with 1 owner and 2 reps from the companies I have bought from. Noveske -Joel (rep) You guys reminded me I need to send a letter out to Noveske stating his great CS on a issue I created that he took care of for me and he went above and beyond. Daniel Defense - Joe Marler (Mil/Leo rep) great service.... prompt replies.. I sent Joe a email with a question got a reply back in 30 minutes. I have never received a reply so quickly from a company rep. He is a stand up guy. Gear Sector - Jason (Owner) great person to deal with asked me a lot of questions to help me sort out what my needs were and to give his opinions from first hand knowledge of other gear that could be beneficial to me. I chose to build my rifles so I could pick and choose what components went into each one and so I could buy what I believe to be quality components. I currently am in the process of building 3 AR's. I have parts from a few companies.

BCM
Daniel Defense
VLTOR
Armalite
Sabre Defense
Magpul
Noveske
GearSector ( If this company built complete AR's I would buy from him... talked with the owner personally)
Smith Enterprises.

I know people are saying.... Didn't Striker say Spikes earlier???... yes I did. Even know I don't own any of their products they have a rock solid reputation over on AR15.com and for Bang for the Buck I would tell my best friend to buy one if they wanted a complete rifle.

complete rifles
Bang for the Buck: BCM and Spikes
little more money
Daniel Defense
Top Money
Noveske
Knights Armament (KAC)

For AR's it is about how much money you want to spend and what configuration you want and for what purpose you want to use it.

JV3 is correct Jason Trusty.....edited for my brain fart factor

Last edited:
I bought a Rock River, full rifle. Only regret a couple of things that I spec'd out foolishly. Both are correctable, one fairly easy, though. My one hard criteria was that it be a mid-length gas system, which narrowed the carbine choices considerably. With that criteria set, RRA came out the least expensive of the ones I could find.

Gear Sector - Gary (Owner) great person to deal with asked me a lot of questions to help me sort out what my needs were and to give his opinions from first hand knowledge of other gear that could be beneficial to me.

unless something changed, jason trusty is the founder and current owner of gear sector. regardless, i have a couple of jason's slings and they're very well built. just looking at where he puts his label (hidden) it shows his attention to detail.

I hate all of you that own a AR-15, I been wanting one for so damn long....

bummer, I will get one next year

I'm a bolt guy, hands down. I do however own an AR that my son and I take out and have a blast on. I put it together with some help from a friend. It's built off of a Bushmaster lower and a Rock River upper. I put a Eotech 3X flip to side magnifier in front of a Eotech 556. I also put on a Daniels Defense front rail.

DSCN1475.jpg

DSCN1474.jpg

unless something changed, jason trusty is the founder and current owner of gear sector. regardless, i have a couple of jason's slings and they're very well built. just looking at where he puts his label (hidden) it shows his attention to detail.

Yep, Jason still owns Gear Sector. You will not find anyone in the AR industry that pays more attention to the details than him. If it passes his tests, it will pass anyone's.

RRA is cheap for a reason.

I shoot with a guy who uses a full on Rock River rifle. That guy will out shoot anyone on the range, day after day.

The most important part here is to get what you can afford and practice, practice, practice. There is always a market for AR's and someone who will be looking for an inexpensive one when your time comes to sell and purchase an upgrade.

If you get too wrapped around the axle looking for everyone else's opinion on what they shoot, you'll never find out what works for you.

RRA is cheap for a reason.

Yep. Cause they're inexpensive, accurate, shoot forever, and can be built like you want them. Yep.

By the way, good call on recommending m4carbine.net. That is where I went for information, and decided on the RRA. Worked great for me.

Back