Aramis Akhmedov Or other best PM2 scale suggestions

Hi all,

So I’ve been a Benchmade junkie for years and just picked up my first Spyderco in the form of a PM2 S110V and absolutely love the knife, but am mixed about the blurple. I love the feel of the G10 and how grippy it is and thin in the pocket but am considering swapping the scales for a different look. Anybody got any experience with custom scales? I like the look a lot but can’t tell if they add any width to the scales vs the stock G10. I’m open to other suggestions as well. Thanks all!

Last edited by a moderator:
aratech.ru : really nice look and ergo. Love the CF scales
flytanium : cool (but heavy) Ti scales
g10.lt : limited to some models but very good choice if you want to customize your scales
cuscadi : best choice for fully customized scales, more expensive.

I’ve had several items from CUSCADI and a set of scales from Aramis Akhmedov and would definitely recommend Aramis over CUSCADI. His quality and ergos were significantly better. I don’t mean this as a snub on CUSCDI, I would still order from them. I just love my scales from Aramis. Aramis’ Scales on the Para 3 are SLIGHTLY thicker (and I’d assume the same in his PM2) but not enough to change the feel/function in-pocket.

Last edited:
I got my scales from Aramis. He was an absolute pleasure to work with.
DS9J5KQ.jpg

Flytanium now also carries nice (smooth) CF scales.

If you like Aluminum, svr@ebay (Caveman) has some beautiful ones, gives the PM2 an even a thinner profile than stock.

There are also nice G10 and Alu scales from Allen Putman (many retailers carry them and he has a good website, too).

Cuscadi scales a great (only used on Manix 2 and XL), as said above.

Finally, I love Aramis scales, but I have used them on the Military only (CF, Silver Twill and Blue Twill). Note that Silver Twill and Blue Twill is a little heavier than CF (it's basically pretty G10).

Note that Aramis and Cuscadi scales will take a while (3-4 weeks) to arrive in the US, obviously.

Roland.

Aramis is one of the best. They use some of the higher end carbon fiber plate. Precision is also very excellent. If you want the best this is one of them.

g10.lt is just okay in comparison. Lower quality material and less precision. Still good though.

Back