Archers?

Polzeyboy

CHEEKY BUGGER
We can’t actually hunt with bows in the UK but me and my boy do a bit of field archery; archery in forests using 3D animal targets; it’s great fun!
We started off as target archers but got bored; field is way better.

I’ve got a UK made Mybo Origin; approx 320fps and it packs a punch. Easily enough to down big game with the right arrowheads.

Anyway it’s another outdoor thing to enjoy and spend money on!

I've been shooting bows for a lot of years. It's a great sport. Quiet. Don't need a lot of space or equipment. Has a social thing as well if you like archery clubs competitions etc. I hunt w bows.. compound and xbow. Prefer them to rifle.

I've been shooting bows for a lot of years. It's a great sport. Quiet. Don't need a lot of space or equipment. Has a social thing as well if you like archery clubs competitions etc. I hunt w bows.. compound and xbow. Prefer them to rifle.

We flung a few arrows at dusk in our garden yesterday; very pleasant. This is my son, my bow next to him.

82545469_10156800166482805_8111508027300904960_o.jpg

Started out with a compound in 1981. Switched to shooting a recurve about 15-16 years ago. Went to longbows about 10 years ago. Getting too old and croppled up to chase elk now. Out played even by deer anymore. Have to stick with rabbits and clumps of grass, old dry cow pies and the occasional rotten log or stump now.

We can’t actually hunt with bows in the UK but me and my boy do a bit of field archery; archery in forests using 3D animal targets; it’s great fun!
We started off as target archers but got bored; field is way better.

I’ve got a UK made Mybo Origin; approx 320fps and it packs a punch. Easily enough to down big game with the right arrowheads.

Anyway it’s another outdoor thing to enjoy and spend money on!

You can't bowhunt in the U.K.? I'm curious as to why. I know back in the olden times the deer belonged to whoever owned the land or even the monarchy?

Not sure on UK hunting, I know that their licensing can be very specific, and so those who do hunt tend to do so in very specific ways. Not too many places you can rifle hunt big game with full camo and a suppresser.
As far as arrow flinging goes, love it. Doesn't matter the shape of the stick or how you hold the string, its all worth trying and doing. Its a great discipline sport for kids, and a great way to spend time with them. It doesn't take long for a kid with the right set-up to be competitive against an adult, and I think that's good for young ones. I have been teaching it for a little more than 15 years, off and on, and its something that connects with all kinds of kids for all kinds of reasons.

Back