ArcLight first production run...

Just got my package from Knifecenter containing, among other things, a Cuda ArcLight marked First production run. Now I have to wonder how big this first run was, if there is anything special about that or if it was huge.
smile.gif

Decent quality, especially considering price. Shaves at it came, but not hairpopping sharp. I like the sheat, have it around my neck at the moment, not sure I will continue to carry it that way, but nice.
smile.gif
In short, I'm happy. A co-worker fell in love with it as well I think. To bad he can't just go out and buy one...

Also got my BKT Brute in the package. Very impressive! Shaving sharp, sharper then the ArcLight. And it's BIG!
smile.gif
Yup, happy with that too.

Mikke,

The first production run ArcLites were laser cut as opposed to being blanked (stamped). The blades of the FPR ArcLites were also laser etched as opposed to the current production ones being stamped (e.g. wording like "ArcLite" and "Darrel Ralph Design"). Other than these two minor differences, they are pretty much standard models. I don't know the total number that were produced, I'll leave that to Will to mention if those figures can be made public.

------------------
Proud member: AKTI, NCCKG, NCKK, and SCAK

NC Knife Knuts @ Table 18-B at the Blade Show

Living life on the edge

Ok, think I'll hang onto it even though I have had offers to buy it at 25% over what I bought it for.

Got a REKAT Utility at the same time that I like a tad better (nice coating), but then it was twice as much. Anyway it should mean I'm a little overstocked on the "light fixed blade neck knife" department, but, as I said, I think I'll keep the ArcLight too.
wink.gif

[This message has been edited by Mikke (edited 05-16-2001).]

16 years later the ArcLight is still doing duty close to one of my reloading benches. Steel (420HC IIRC), while far from a super steel, is holding up surprisingly good, takes a nice edge and holds it well enough that I don't get annoyed with it.
I haven't really carried the knife other then once or twice a loooong time ago.
In hindsight it was a good buy, nice design, good work mr Ralph!

Great follow up after 16 years. I have one ArcLite in my knife collection unused in the box. After I bought it I never saw a need for a neck knife but I love the design. I will add a picture of my knife with a couple of Camillus 886's for the folks that don't know what we are talking about.

Very nice Vit. I have suffered the Photobucket problem so I started moving stuff to Imgur. I will repost the picture.

y0e318t.jpg

Back