The “Can’t leave anything alone” Thread

Interesting that most all the modded knives I own are Benchmades. I'm not sure if that's because they're easy to mod or need to be modded. Regardless, here's another, my 581 Barrage in M390 steel.

This one I de-assisted, removed the backspacer and safety, added stand-offs, and changed the bolster screws and thumbstuds to black.

zbFfQIf.jpg

0VBud6V.jpg

^^^Looks like you have the acid-etch & stone-wash down pat^^^^

The barrage is looking real nice.

This knife started life as a Chicago Cutlery chef's knife. My wife got it at Goodwill. Nobody ever used it because it had saw-tooth serrations and a broken plastic handle. But the steel seems to be pretty good.

I decided to make a damned KNIFE out of it, and gave it to my daughter. I reshaped the handle and the blade somewhat, and thinned the blade and ground off the serrations. That's red oak from the back yard on the handle. No need to stabilize, the wood had been sitting out in the rain for ten years and is well seasoned and hard as a rock. Light coat of clear epoxy wood finish just to preserve the color.

I liked the knife so much, I am making similar knives (just longer) for my sisters out of AEB-L. And one for myself too :D
nCPz9wz.png

Last edited:
Another couple I couldn't leave alone, A.G. Russell Titanium Funny Folder engraved and anodized by me:)

20190630_193057.jpg

Emerson Gentleman Jim, full flat regrind w/acid stonewash and "Curly" Carbon Fiber scales, by me.
20190620_165145.jpg

WValtakis WValtakis

It looks just phenominal now...i saw your post when it was just engraved, and i was already a little jealous. Now im totally jealous. In a good way. ;) An AG Russel funny folder was on my list too for bladeshow...and then i forgot to look for one because i was all caught up in the bladeshow “WOW!”

I had forgotten about this excellent thread until I got a couple likes here today from Rose and Thistle Custom Rose and Thistle Custom . It's nice to see some new posts and I'll add this one I mentioned a few pages back. I bought this XM 24 a couple years back on the Exchange. It came as a Spanto grind with an aftermarket ME Frag Coyote brown scale installed but included the original orange G10 as well. The short story is I installed the orange and sold the aftermarket scale, then sent the knife to Josh for a 600 grit, large radius re-grind. It went away a sharpened prybar and came back a light saber with one of Josh's scary-sharp WE edges to boot. I keep all my knives pretty damn sharp, but this one I'm kinda afraid of. I think it could cut a hole in space/time.

YNsrX30.jpg

iUaJB2W.jpg

Josh left the flats with the original stonewash as that's my favorite RHK finish and this is the first knife with his re-designed logo on the the blade. Really love this one. :D

tzcNsnT.jpg

Decided to re-scale my old CRKT Crawford Falcon this past weekend...much nicer and more comfortable...now its begging to be used!

57262311-E7B4-4AA9-BB60-66193F19A227.jpeg 577B8048-922F-4A4E-A7CF-0C1260BD80BA.jpeg 3D488A8A-31D5-4823-BDBD-540755C32691.jpeg 61B3399A-47DB-4851-83F3-64CCBE216C64.jpeg

Attachments

• 871EA76A-36DE-4E5C-90C3-2EC1FE1E113A.jpeg
    871EA76A-36DE-4E5C-90C3-2EC1FE1E113A.jpeg
    337.5 KB · Views: 0
Those look great!:thumbsup:

Thanks!! I tappered the butt because i find that more comfortable in hand, and slight taper on forward portion of handle. Unfortunately, the “stabilized” blank i got had some inconsistencies...so it made working it challenging. Also, first time to match up jimping and creating jimping in the scales to match. Was a lot of fun!

Back