Are NIB 0551's still selling when available here or has the fever for them died off?

I'm simply asking out of curiosity...haven't seen any for sale on the forum lately and I was just wondering if there's still interest in a NIB 0551 or have most moved on?

I use the Hell out of my 0550 Gen II and LOVE it...I like my Gen II so much that I gave my oldest son my only SnG that he had been coveting for months. The 0550 Gen II has pretty much become my favorite ZT if I base that on which knife I carry/use the most. For me that's saying a lot as I still believe that the 056X series is one of the best production knives ever made.

I think the people that wanted the 551 have them and aren't giving them up. I have a feeling if one was to pop up, it would be gone pretty quick if the price wasn't silly.

Yeah I picked up a blem maybe 3 or 4 months ago and almost sold it when money troubles hit but I just couldn't let it go when I pulled it out.

Does a knife cut!? Hell yes if you put one up for sale it will go as long as its reasonably priced. A lot of people think their rare knife is worth a first born child. "Hello crazy person its reality, um no."

[video=youtube;Kq-N3_plNq8]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Kq-N3_plNq8&feature=youtube_gdata_player[/video]

They pop up on the BF exchange every once in a while and on the bay. I have a NIB in my safe that is not for sale!!

Looking for a 0550 with Elmax now. :)

You must not check the exchange much, six offered for sale on bladeforums this month.

Didn't know the exact number (wow by the way) but was about to say I've seen more recently than in the last few months on here. Reasonable prices get knives new homes. Unreasonable prices means the knives are grounded :(

Picked one up a couple weeks ago off the exchange at a steal

If you don't mind me asking was is considered a great/steal price?

I do look at the exchange when I can but I haven't been here that often lately.

Thanks.

One of them just came up for sale in the exchange.

Thanks for the heads up but I'm thinking about selling one that I've kept locked up, still in the box. I wasn't sure if they were still selling and if so, for how much. I'm in the process of downsizing, selling off items I've simply have sitting on the shelf. In the past two weeks I've sold a tube headphone amp, a DAC and two pair of headphones.

Now, the problem is I've also added a new pair of planar magnetic headphones and just ordered a Jason Brous Division Flipper last night....its a sickness.:o

What do unused 0551's in their original box go for on average? I'm trying to figure out what is considered a good yet fair price...and if its worth selling mine or just keeping it packed up.

I've had one up for sale for weeks and no one has shown interest...

That's what I was wondering, if they were still drawing interest IF not way over priced.

I still have the receipt for mine and it says I paid $209 for it...I wouldn't want to lose money on it since it was a limited edition but I also wouldn't jack the price up on it.

I put mine up for what I paid for it which is $250. I know that's a bit more that they went for and that's why I put "OBO"

I'm holding on to mine and unfortunately for some sellers, the buyers are basing a lot of the market value on what it goes for on the auction site. The last one I saw that was left to bids ended at $200, which I personally believe was a great price for a BNIB 0551.

IF I sell mine, I figured I'd sell it for about $215 (shipped)...but I don't want to list one while another member has one posted for sale. Mine is still in the box, I'm sure that I opened and closed it several times on the day it arrived (I can't recall...but do the math it was a new knife <grin>) but it was never carried nor used as I simply put it back in its box and stored it away.

I've seen a few on the auction site and they're asking crazy prices and I doubt that they're selling.

Back