Are Regulars huge collector items now?

corwise

Gold Member
I bought an "In God We Trust" regular back in 2006 or so. EDC'd it for a few years, it still gets occasional pocket time so it's been well used, loved, and occasionally sharpened. I've moved on to other knives for the most part, but recently found a CRK fan page on FB and have been following along. Twice I've posted pictures of the knife and each time I get several offers to buy it. I'm not interested in selling, but have been out of the loop on CRKs for a while so I'm wondering where the huge interest is? Is it all Regulars? Or this specific one for some reason?

Regulars have moved into collector or semi collector status- distinguished users, but your particular knife is very much sought after. I don't know the market value, but many want one and few are seen for sale. If it isn't too worn CRK can do wonders refurbishing them. They may be a bit backlogged at the moment though.

Depends on the Regular. Most discontinued things are more desirable. An IGWT is a very nice graphic. While the usage will devalue it substantially from say an unused example it is still likely worth somewhere around 2x what you paid for it originally.

Of course Annuals are also Regulars, and extremely sought after.

_DSC7874.jpg

Depends on the Regular. Most discontinued things are more desirable. An IGWT is a very nice graphic. While the usage will devalue it substantially from say an unused example it is still likely worth somewhere around 2x what you paid for it originally.

Of course Annuals are also Regulars, and extremely sought after.

View attachment 1338443
Beautiful grain on yours.

In god we trust is an awesome regular. Some folks just fell in love with the regular design, myself included. Plus it also saw multiple blade steels and some of the graphics were outstanding compared to those of other models (IMO + in fact).

The things that are no longer produced have an allure that people can't resist, I find myself in that category. I really enjoy the design of the Regulars (Annuals included), along with the majority of Chris Reeve Knives. But the slight difference in the Regulars scales and blade shape are what makes me want one the most. And the search goes on ;-)

They have definitely become more popular and I have several in my collection. Discontinued and only a limited number made compared to the 21. That, and at least for me, the Regular is just kind of perfect? Simple (style) bare bones well executed design with what I consider the best ergonomics among the various CRK designs. The Small Plain Jane Regular has become my favorite CRK to carry.

6Shq5FOl.jpg

A small plain regular was my first CRK 15 years ago, and that pattern is still my favorite! Here is my IGWT, which was not my first but one I have had for a good long time.
45C3C060-5965-4957-AC02-7F2D657981C8.jpeg

A small plain regular was my first CRK 15 years ago, and that pattern is still my favorite! Here is my IGWT, which was not my first but one I have had for a good long time.
View attachment 1340485
Beautiful. I would love to find one of those one day. The IGWT is one of the ones on my "buy it if I can find it" list. LOL.

I wish I picked one of these up a few years ago. The current auction prices are kinda shocking.

I've been fighting the "call of the regular" for weeks now, but the condition only worsens.

Back