Are Striders the Best for. . .

Are Strider Knives the best for keeping
me alive? Let's assume I was charging a guy 5 yards away, who hasn't drawn his gun yet?

Can I abuse a Strider without having to
worry about how it will hold up? Or is
it just a nice knife to look at?

[This message has been edited by Assassin (edited 05-12-2001).]

smile.gif

Are you serious?

Assassin,
I put my life in the hands of Strider's tools on a daily basis. But, why would you be charging a gunman? Yes, you could get him if you know what you are about. If not, you will get ventillated no matter what knife you are using. These blades have broken master locks, chopped 2 inch steel pipes in half, been driven into rock faces to become a climber's anchor point, unjammed mini-guns with broken internals, and the stories of such mythical performance abound. All these knives were VERY usable after this incredible abuse. To coin an Air Force phrase, "No one even comes close!" Pathetic, I know, but it is appropriate here. Spend your money on a Strider and you will never need another knife. PERIOD!!!

------------------
Ryan Renuart
Aerial Gunner
"That Others May Live"

Did you ever think you would see the day that someone would want to know if that pretty Strider was tough enough to actually use.......I can't even think how to respond.

------------------
He who advances is sure of heaven-He who retreats of eternal damnation.

<font face="Verdana, Arial" size="2">Originally posted by Assassin:
Are Strider Knives the best for keeping
me alive? Let's assume I was charging a guy 5 yards away, who hasn't drawn his gun yet?

Can I abuse a Strider without having to
worry about how it will hold up? Or is
it just a nice knife to look at?

[This message has been edited by Assassin (edited 05-12-2001).]
</font>

Assassin, I suggest you scan through all the old threads and decide for yourself if they are tough.

But what does toughness have to do with the utterly rediculous use you stated you might have. If a person has not drawn his gun and you attack, you are the aggresor and will pay the price. You do not sound to be old enough for the responsibility of carrying a knife or anything else, if that is all that is in your mind when wondering about how tough a knife is.

"Let's assume I was charging a guy 5 yards away, who hasn't drawn his gun yet?"

Now as an Assassin, wouldn't you be sneaking up on the guy from behind?

[This message has been edited by Cooper (edited 05-13-2001).]

Assassin,
As a new member to our forum, don't be dicouraged by the aggressive remarks from our felow forum readers. We are as proud of our friends and customers as we believe they are of our organization. There confidence in our product is obvious.
Here's the bottom line, we don't know you, your skills, or your tactics. The tools we make are unconditionally guaranteed and have held up to useage by the worlds most demanding professions and professionals, many of whom you have heard from.
Our only suggestion for your decision regarding "will your knife hold up ..." is this; buy it, practice and train with it as any true professional does and go from there.
All the best,
Duane Dwyer

Duane - I am not discouraged easily. To do what I do you have to be patient. But, on to the man 5 yards away. Some people become so nervous that they actually try to think through the situation when they see someone running at them with a knife. In that case, hesitation is their death.

Cooper - Never from behind.

Cobalt - my teenage years left me awhile ago. You'd be amazed at the low amount of stress in doing what I do. It keeps you young. On casual days I carry only a knife.

[This message has been edited by Assassin (edited 05-14-2001).]

<font face="Verdana, Arial" size="2">Originally posted by Assassin:
But, on to the man 5 yards away. Some people become so nervous that they actually try to think through the situation when they see someone running at them with a knife. In that case, hesitation is their death.

Never from behind.

You'd be amazed at the low amount of stress in doing what I do. It keeps you young. On casual days I carry only a knife.

</font>

Sounds to me that if you are not sneaking up on someone, then you are not trying to be stealthy and, thus, not working for our gov. In which case what you are doing is most likely illegal and not to mention immoral and should not be supported in this or any other forum. Duane, I would verify who some of these individuals are before dealing with them.

If you happen to work for our gov I don't think you would be asking your questions quite the way you are and you would already have more knowledge than you appear to about weapons of the edged kind.

ASS is in, be advised, the Strider knife, especially the smaller ones, are effective at ranges of up to 300 yards, assuming you have the cojones to use it to its fullest potential.

Therefore, I would suggest buying 14 or 56 of the smallest ones, and attacking a SS Detail as soon as possible.
Just think of the PR you'd receive!!!

Wondering why I was still able to POST here...
I remain,
VG
PS - Moderator - That was a HINT!
tongue.gif

------------------
Vampire Gerbil: Nosferatus Rodentus Moderatus; similar to a domestic gerbil, except for the odd accent and little black cape.
+ + + + + + + + +
There's all sortsa fun stuff at my Vampire Gerbil Dot Com Website!.
(I use the word "fun" in the same vein that Renfield used it to describe spider-chomping.)
Knife Content: The Deadly & Scary Leatherman Micra Self Defense Site and The Ballistic Knife Page.

Assassin, what do you do? What ever it is, it sounds pretty sinister and/or COVERT. Just curious....

you guys are pretty funny. maybe comedy is in your future. i didn't mention anything about killing for hire, but rather someone was going to kill me first if i didn't get them. as for the toughness of the knives, that question is not necessarily related to the first statement.

Cobalt - bang!

Assassin,
There are published(MLE)reports that indicate the "safe" distance for law enforcement personnel from a knife-wielding subject is 21 - 25 feet minimum!
Demonstrations done by Guro Dan Inosanto and a SEAL Team 6 member have driven home the point to those in attendence. Luckily for the subjects...an ink marker was used for the demos and all subjects were dispatched before they could deploy their holstered weapons. This was not necessarily a speed contest, but a reminder of the dangers of edged-weapons to all of us who might be on the receiving end. I've been on that end and it ain't no fun. For more info - read the past posts and think about some decaf.
Take Care/Stay Safe,
Joe

Joseph Estrada - decaf? that original message went out at 9:00 or so. I get my 6.5-8 hours of sleep.

Joseph Estrada - decaf? that original message went out at 9:00 or so. I get my 6.5-8 hours of sleep.

Assassin,
Our little "Strider family" are sometimes a bit .....out spoken.
Yes, Strider knives are built to be used as tools.
They are certainly not made to look at.
The reason for the response you have received, is that for years we were known primarily in the military and law enforcement community. Your question was kind of backwards to what we are used to.

" nyeti ..... Did you ever think you would see the day that someone would want to know if that pretty Strider was tough enough to actually use.......I can't even think how to respond."
smile.gif

Every one else. (Though not everyone needs to hear it.)
Pull yourselves together! Often times things are not as they appear. Ever think there may be a language barrier or other obstacle?

Get a grip.

I have charged a gunman with a knife.

Not from behind! Not a drop of sneakiness.

And in the service of the US gov.

Regarding closing the thread: As far as I know we do still have a Constitution don't we?

Be nice to the new guys.

Mick

Assassin,

Sorry for the delay...no comms for the past few hours. Talking to people new to the Strider fold who are excited about their products - small world. By the by...no slam w/in my response, simply one based on my personal experience. Take care/Stay Safe.
Joe
ps...Mick, if you're reading this give me a shout.

Back