Are there new Gladius’ being produced?

Does Busse still make new production Gladius’?

If you do, how often do you open up the custom books for them?

If not when was the last year they were produced and would they ever be back in production at some point in the future?

Does Busse still make new production Gladius’?

If you do, how often do you open up the custom books for them?

If not when was the last year they were produced and would they ever be back in production at some point in the future?

They were last produced around 2010 iirc then some custom shop and ganza runs. In the past couple of years 1 solitary example was sold
Ganza style for around $2200 custom shop. Also anyone who bought $20k in shop credit in 2017 black Friday promotion got a custom shop version free.

Custom shop is closed indefinitely (read forever)

Short answer is buy one thats available if you want one. Ive had 4 they are great blades.

That said I believe the fmv14 handles far better and is affordable and easy to find right now. For $800+ you will save I'd just recommend buying fmv14. Only like 2 gladius per year show on the exchange. Then you have to beat every one else and have the $1200-1500 immediately available.

Last edited:
I don't own the Gladius, but I would have to imagine that the FMV14 is a much better blade. The handle is very comfortable and it's lighter than the Gladius.

Why is the custom shop closed? Sad to hear, that division of Busse pumped out legendary shit!

What stopped me from pulling the trigger on the original Gladius' when they were originally being produced was the handle - I wanted a single handle where the Gladius is like 1.5-2 and I passed them for a John Gage Tactical Gladius, which I still have and absolutely love!

But I've always dreamed of a satin Busse Gladius & it seems that the FMV14 is exactly what I was waiting for! I love it!!! I'm also glad their available right now and much more affordable. But the main thread about it mentioned they are "VERY LIMITED engagement", is that true? Out of curiosity any word on a FMV16-20/Force Papa?

One thing I truly loved about the Gladius and if I were to buy one it must have it, is the satin blade editions. These are by far the most visually stunning blades I've ever seen on edge blade. It gives off a very magickal Knights of the Round Table look/feeling. The Competition blade looks nice, but it's no satin. Is it possible get a satin blade on this?

Couple of questions, what is the Ganza style & what are the Nuke options I see referenced with these new blades?

WHAT A SECOND BUSSE IS IN OHIO!?!?! I'm in Ohio!! OMG do they do tours? I'm like 2 hours away.

Last edited:
They are still making custom knives as they see fit. They just aren’t taking custom shop orders.

Ahh ok so you just have to track/follow them throughout the year to see what the custom shop is producing in hopes of snagging something you like? Or do they post upcoming custom work on a website? I'd imagine their custom stuff gets pre-sold most of the time it's all so sought after.

I can't for the life of me understand why it's closed, just charge an obscene amount for the work , will defer most , but some would still pay, and that would definitely be worthwhile for the company no ?

What is "ganza style" ?

And do the grab bags consist of and how much do they usually cost?

Yes I agree, but it seems at least customs are still being created, so that's a great thing!

What is "ganza style" ?

Yes I agree, but it seems at least customs are still being created, so that's a great thing!
The grab bags are normally $500 and $1,000 (they both can have CS blades) I believe and if you check out this thread, you can see some of the sweet blades people ended up with.
https://www.bladeforums.com/threads/end-the-mystery-2019-grab-bag-reveal.1635104/

The packages are boxed up on the shop floor and just marked $500 or $1,000 and then the labels are stuck on so it's completely random/luck of the draw. The good thing is that there are always HOGs waiting at the trough to pick up anything you don't like.

In the Ganzas, you have an opportunity to order custom shop blades but they are typically limited to one or two models. See here.
https://www.bladeforums.com/threads...ednesday-feb-20-2019-9-00-pm-eastern.1643926/

Jerry announced the temporary closing of the custom shop “at least 5 years” (paraphrasing really) at the beginning of Operation Two Weeks because they were going to be too busy with their regular production. Obviously it isn’t closed, as they’re still making custom shop blades, they’re just not going to be fooling around with custom orders. Busse Combat has a history of switching up their business model every now and then.

So.... no one has mentioned that you can order the Nano Fusion Badger Attack nuked and it comes from the Custom Shop. And usually one option from every release lately has a Custom Shop variant. Or were we trying to keep that a secret?!

So.... no one has mentioned that you can order the Nano Fusion Badger Attack nuked and it comes from the Custom Shop. And usually one option from every release lately has a Custom Shop variant. Or were we trying to keep that a secret?!
Also the Cupidganzaaa 2019 had 4 Custom shop Models Based off the Urgent Fury Platform...and FMV14's. For the occasional onlooker that only drops in Once in a Blue Moon these Customs will be missed. Can't Snort and Grunt if you want to latch onto Customs but fail to watch the offerings:rolleyes:

What is "ganza style" ?

The grab bags are normally $500 and $1,000 (they both can have CS blades) I believe and if you check out this thread, you can see some of the sweet blades people ended up with.
https://www.bladeforums.com/threads/end-the-mystery-2019-grab-bag-reveal.1635104/

The packages are boxed up on the shop floor and just marked $500 or $1,000 and then the labels are stuck on so it's completely random/luck of the draw. The good thing is that there are always HOGs waiting at the trough to pick up anything you don't like.

In the Ganzas, you have an opportunity to order custom shop blades but they are typically limited to one or two models. See here.
https://www.bladeforums.com/threads...ednesday-feb-20-2019-9-00-pm-eastern.1643926/
Just an FYI....Bladeforums Rules do not allow Discussion of PRICING unless you are a paying member...Gold membership and Above!
Be careful don't want to see anyone getting Infractions from the MODS:eek:

Just an FYI....Bladeforums Rules do not allow Discussion of PRICING unless you are a paying member...Gold membership and Above!
Be careful don't want to see anyone getting Infractions from the MODS:eek:
I thought that was just regarding the non-paying member asking a price for something they owned. I didn't think there would be an issue quoting a maker's price that was posted publicly. Sorry. It won't happen again. :thumbsup:

Back