Are you a hardwoodsman?

Not sure if I count, White Oak, Red Oak, Eastern Hemlock, Yellow Birch, Basswood, Buckeye, Hickory are a few we gots around here. Do I fit in the Hardwoodsman category? We did have the American Chestnut, but loggin', blight, and temp change has chased them all to Canada.:(

Moose

Not sure if I count, White Oak, Red Oak, Eastern Hemlock, Yellow Birch, Basswood, Buckeye, Hickory are a few we gots around here. Do I fit in the Hardwoodsman category? We did have the American Chestnut, but loggin', blight, and temp change has chased them all to Canada.:(

Moose

Yes and....

I would like to think so... being just a couple hours East of you.

Ski

Yes. :thumbup:

It looks like the writing is on the wall. We're gonna have to have a Hardwoodsman meet sometime in the near future.
Anybody up for something like that?
Iz

Yes and....

Yes. :thumbup:

It looks like the writing is on the wall. We're gonna have to have a Hardwoodsman meet sometime in the near future.
Iz

Next year. I'm outta vacation this year, LOL. Moose

Hardwoodsman meet??

I know just the place. ;)

Im in.....

Go ahead and let me know, so I can plug it into my GPS, so I can start planning my trip. All I really need is 2 trees approximately 9' apart, I gots the rest. :D

Moose

Dangit Moose.....Sorry man, all the trees in the river valley are 14ft apart...:D

Seriously, the Lamine River valley, or the riverbottoms Iz frequents would be a great place to meet up. Central MO....

Dangit Moose.....Sorry man, all the trees in the river valley are 14ft apart...:D

Seriously, the Lamine River valley, or the riverbottoms Iz frequents would be a great place to meet up. Central MO....

I can make cordage to extend my hammock lines. :D

No seriously, it sounds like a great idea. I'm in, I just need to get some more Vacation time. I get 3 weeks in Jan, other than a week I set aside for my daughters birthdays/summer vacation (they're bdays are june16 and june22) I get to spend the other 2 weeks on MEEEEEE!

I'll see how long it would take for me to get to lamine. C'mon Iz, you gotta do commemoration PSK for all us:D

Moose

ETA I'm about 10hrs from Otterville, if thats close enough to the Lamine River Valley area you were speaking of. I need 2 days for travel, 2 days for the gathering, if we do this over a weekend, I can take off a Thurs and Friday, leave Wed night and be there by in the morning. Bust it on Thur, Fri, Sat and drive home sunday. Hmmmmmmmm

Last edited:
Yeah, J is right Lamine ca would be a good spot.
We'll see who all is looking to come and get an idea of the best general location to do it. I'll get on the stick and start pulling things together.
I'm thinking April. Midish April.
What do you guys think?
I'll make a new thread and see what we get.
Iz
p.s. Terry and I talked a little about a dirt time sort of thing down the road. This may be a good one to try that with. No money or anything like that. Just a sort of loose schedule for learning and sharing tailored for the Hardwoods. What do you guys think of something like that?

Iz

I'm in... no really... I'm on my way right now... :-0

Let me know when... I'll be there. I'm on days the rest of the year.

I'm thinking April. Midish April.
What do you guys think?

I'm in for that... I have every weekend off that month... Plus a couple weeks of vacation :)

Ski

Mick,
Oh come on, Oz isn't that far away.:D Seriously would be cool if you could make it though. I bet a round trip plane ticket would be crazy high from where you are.

Ohski,

Check for the new thread.:thumbup:
Iz

Back